Radisson Blu | Mixed Use Hotel/Res./Comm [Proposed]

Jernigan

Interesting to have the Radisson flag back in the center of town. The DoubleTree uptown started as a Radisson back in the ‘80’s.

Nothing like the typical Radisson hotel. They were SAS hotels in Europe until they rebranded in the 1990’s as Radisson SAS. They became Radisson Blu in the late 2000’s. The decor and finishes tend to be ultra-modern, and they’re priced for upscale business travellers. I hope the architecture reflects its sister hotels in Europe! I stayed at quite a few over the years, and I’ve found they have a great product. Interesting location for this kind of hotel, but it will be good to have something upmarket besides the Grand Bohemian downtown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jliv said:

Nothing like the typical Radisson hotel. They were SAS hotels in Europe until they rebranded in the 1990’s as Radisson SAS. They became Radisson Blu in the late 2000’s. The decor and finishes tend to be ultra-modern, and they’re priced for upscale business travellers. I hope the architecture reflects its sister hotels in Europe! I stayed at quite a few over the years, and I’ve found they have a great product. Interesting location for this kind of hotel, but it will be good to have something upmarket besides the Grand Bohemian downtown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

when you say interesting location are you referring to its particular location downtown or the fact that it's  coming downtown and not somewhere like Bonnet Creek?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Radisson Blu Latjiva 270ft  571rooms ...sooo

Considering our smaller block and a smaller room count it may be balanced out to be right around the same height or so which for that area would look really good next to SkyHouse.

radisson-blu-hotel-latvija.jpg

Based on this, the one in Orlando would be roughly 140 feet if it were the same width. Since it'll likely be thinner, It'll probably be closer to 190 feet like another poster said. Probably nowhere near 270 feet.

12 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

I would put it at about 200', but maybe a little bit taller if the garage is a multi-floor pedestal that the building is on top of, which could be the case given the smaller site footprint. 

Probably right around that.

Forty residential units @ eight units per floor would be five residential floors. 

Two hundred fifty six hotel rooms @ sixteen per floor would be sixteen hotel floors for a total of twenty one floors, or just over 200 feet.

Looks like there might actually be enough room on that parcel to put the garage next to the building rather than under it, pedestal style.

• Like 1