CONSTRUCTION THREAD: North Hills on North Main

gman430

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2019 at 1:42 PM, vicupstate said:

No DRB but if it involves Multi-family beyond a few units, it would need Planning Commission approval.

They really need to expand the territory of the DRB if that’s the case. Downtown has grown, and the footprint of the Design Review Board should as well.

11 hours ago, vicupstate said:

Actually, I think any MF over a certain number of units does require DRB approval. if so, I stand corrected. They probably have just not submitted their palns yet.  

Correct, anything zoned C-4 and MF goes to DRB. MF was added about 3 years ago due a couple newer (and ugly) MF complexes that were built. 

It was added because of Augusta Heights which I think looks quite good.  People were upset because it was low income and since the zoning was already in place they instituted design review thinking they could make it too expensive for them to develop.  They lost a floor but it still got built, looks great, and wasn't the problem everyone feared.

1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

Ok, quit teasing and tell us WHAT  is coming!:angry::P

You will find out in three weeks. There will be a press release and public hearing at that time. That’s all I can say right now. 

Edited by gman430

5 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Can you say if there is any public involvement/funding?  

I honestly do not know unfortunately. I imagine it will have to go before the DRB and that there will be community neighborhood meetings though. 

It will be something the surrounding community will be proud of.

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gville2012 said:

Do you know where the details will be coming from?

So it looks like the announcement has been pushed back to a future date not determined at this time. I believe the developer is waiting to see what the city thinks first before releasing details to the general public. Sorry for the disappointing news.

Edited by gman430

6 minutes ago, gman430 said:

So it looks like the announcement has been pushed back to a future date not determined at this time. I believe the developer is waiting to see what the city thinks first before releasing details to the general public. Sorry for the disappointing news. 

Darn... any hints or inside info you can share?

6 minutes ago, Gville2012 said:

Darn... any hints or inside info you can share?

Not yet unfortunately. Don’t worry though. The project isn’t on hold or dead. The developer has just decided to wait a little longer than originally anticipated to release the info.