Modera Creative Village (CV Parcel U) | 10-story residential (Proposed)

Jernigan

29 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Given that the majority of residential towers downtown went through one form of workout or another, I suppose one may be forgiven for being a little cautious with each new project until, as dcluley notes, the music stops.

I mean I understand that but I wonder why they didn't choose to build a 20-story tower as opposed to a long 10-story building as they just built a 20-story tower in the CBD

• Like 1

Just now, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I mean I understand that but I wonder why they didn't choose to build a 20-story tower as opposed to a long 10-story building as they just built a 20-story tower in the CBD

I don’t pretend to know anything about the construction business so I’ll leave that to our experts but maybe some of the developers are just more risk-averse than others?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

I don’t pretend to know anything about the construction business so I’ll leave that to our experts but maybe some of the developers are just more risk-averse than others?

yeah...and based on what the experts have said on the matter...it gets more expensive the higher you go...

• Thanks 2

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Taking a look at the Modera CV retail flyer it seems like all of the units are on the NW corner, facing the EA building. Amelia Court and UnionWest also have some retail space available. Not sure if the "patio" at The Julian is leased or not.

LINK

Edited by Jerry95
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jerry95 said:

Taking a look at the Modera CV retail flyer it seems like all of the units are on the NW corner, facing the EA building. Amelia Court and UnionWest also have some retail space available. Not sure if the "patio" at The Julian is leased or not.

LINK

I heard someone was in on the corner restaurant space, but given the times they may have backed away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Its an interesting gamble on the EA employees coming in and spending money there. I'd definitely wait and see how many are shifted to flex/WFH.

Software developers are an interesting bunch, and it can be a job filled with long hours and high pressure to perform.  I know someone working for EA who, during releases, goes from his office to his apartment across the street without much outside interaction, ordering UberEats delivery or bringing something home from onsite dining every day. I think that is common for folks on his team. Administrative roles may be different, but I wonder, after all these years trying to lure them to Creative Village, if these workers will bring the vibrancy and street life that would benefit Downtown. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...