Modera Creative Village (CV Parcel U) | 10-story residential (Proposed)

Jernigan

On 10/3/2020 at 7:25 PM, Jerry95 said:

this rendering is backwards...right? I feel like it's backwards...

I think you're correct - especially since it looks like the intersection at the right of the image is angled...and we know Amelia to be angled.   Although...the traffic doesn't make sense.

Portfolio-Communities-HeaderCreativeVillage-e1583261689723-1600x700.jpg.42214a845b7757cf83dbc9ef4e227043.jpg

Edited by uncreativeusername
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, orlandouprise said:

Jeezus, can these two kiss and make up. He needs Phil Rampy badly.  Craig is cardboard bland.

Apparently not. Craig just got married so bland may be in the cards.

http://www.ustlerwedding.com/us/charlotte-manley-and-craig-ustler-apr-2021/updates

Edited by spenser1058

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 2:03 AM, W7edwin said:

Looks like it!!! What’s an Orlando building without popsicle sticks somewhere 

image.gif.0e6446b2cd25134a7411653faf44cee5.gif

We actually might be in for a break from them on anything approved from here on out. The price of lumber has recently skyrocketed making it likely cheaper to go concrete with our hurricane codes. For things already permitted, its unlikely to change due to the permitting/design process but going forward I imagine we'll see a few things without wood for a little while until the price normalizes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^^^^ that an the increasing demands for Fire combatants in the IBC are going to further push it to be competitive with prefab metal stud (at lower heights concrete/metal stud price effectiveness breaks down to your area, and which side can service the project easier, though metal stud is supposed to be cheaper).  I also think Frinfrock, despite building one of the ugliest apt buildings downtown, has really figured out their modular concrete system.  I would expect them to start deploying it across FL.

5 minutes ago, ChiDev said:

^^^^ that an the increasing demands for Fire combatants in the IBC are going to further push it to be competitive with prefab metal stud (at lower heights concrete/metal stud price effectiveness breaks down to your area, and which side can service the project easier, though metal stud is supposed to be cheaper).  I also think Frinfrock, despite building one of the ugliest apt buildings downtown, has really figured out their modular concrete system.  I would expect them to start deploying it across FL.

But Finfrock's project is competitive vs PT. I have not seen metal stud competitive locally yet. 

18 hours ago, aent said:

We actually might be in for a break from them on anything approved from here on out. The price of lumber has recently skyrocketed making it likely cheaper to go concrete with our hurricane codes. For things already permitted, its unlikely to change due to the permitting/design process but going forward I imagine we'll see a few things without wood for a little while until the price normalizes.

The prices are stabilizing and will come down. Projects will be canceled before they shift to concrete. Affordability is already a problem. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jack said:

The prices are stabilizing and will come down. Projects will be canceled before they shift to concrete. Affordability is already a problem. 

My understanding is concrete is not drastically more expensive than wood (or rather was, now concrete is likely cheaper). I don't think its enough of an increase that projects will be cancelled over it personally. Orlando's flipped on this exact material choice in the past based on current pricing at the time.