Lake House - Ivanhoe Village

opivys85

Yeah, no biggy to opivys85

Sometimes these things get buried on next pages because there aren't a lot of activities on the threads and/or updates. Surprised nobody posted updated photos on it the last couple of days during the great photo overload, lol. 

This was a press release regarding the financing of the project from Holliday Fenoglio Fowler, L.P. (HFF), the commercial real estate broker. So it is definitely fully funded now for build-out. They do release these press releases late often. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Yes, opivys85 had no way of knowing. Just a bit of rivalry with the fine folks at SSC

To be honest, I’m surprised there is a dedicated Orlando forum on SSC at all. It has never had a loyal following, and even when it’s picked up in traffic now and then, it wasn’t a reliable way to gain information about the city or a way to share ideas.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, sethM said:

Looks like it's coming along pretty quickly. Walls and floors are already going up for the left (west) side of the property. I believe the parking garage is going to be on this side as well, in the middle. 

umVZIjizRLeiUZo0JMDTJA.jpg

I really hope they knock it off with big development in this area after this project. I do like the idea of the cafe on the ground floor, though.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Xander said:

I really hope they knock it off with big development in this area after this project. I do like the idea of the cafe on the ground floor, though.

I'd have to imagine the demand for apartments would be drastically reduced after this, The Yard, and the new apartments at the corner of Princeton and Edgewater are all opened up. That's what, 900 units between the three of them?  

Although I could see some of the older buildings along Virginia being knocked down and rebuilt to better utilize the space. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sethM said:

I'd have to imagine the demand for apartments would be drastically reduced after this, The Yard, and the new apartments at the corner of Princeton and Edgewater are all opened up. That's what, 900 units between the three of them?  

Although I could see some of the older buildings along Virginia being knocked down and rebuilt to better utilize the space. 

Orlando is very spread out, many people would like to live downtown but can't. I think that problem of "how to fill these buildings" is not an issue at all. Downtown has the majority of the billions allocated to development in orlando for a reason

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sethM said:

this project, being that it's pretty much lakefront, should've been a very tall highrise.  This height is what was common in the '60's ala Lake Lucerne.  But for a project to go up in 2019 that's maybe 10 stories, to me, is a major waste of prime real estate..

35 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

this project, being that it's pretty much lakefront, should've been a very tall highrise.  This height is what was common in the '60's ala Lake Lucerne.  But for a project to go up in 2019 that's maybe 10 stories, to me, is a major waste of prime real estate..

Given that we are on a pro-development forum, and given the backlash that this development seems to be getting on here, one can only assume the developers built to a height they could get away with at Lake Ivanhoe without the public going into a frenzy.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sethM said:

They need to make Orange four lanes between Virginia and Princeton and Virginia between Orange and Mills, they're both a bottleneck as is. Can't imagine it once this and The Yard are finished. 

Please, please, please no.  This stretch would lose all its charm if it was just another 4 lane roadway.

The "if you build it they will come" scenario certainly extends to traffic (and more traffic).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cwetteland said:

All the best pedestrian downtown areas are two lane.  Park Ave, Winter Park, Plant Street Winter Garden, and even Orange downtown.  As soon as it narrows to two lanes, things get hoppin;'.  

Edgewater Drive in CP, too! Their road diet taking it down from four lanes had a distinct impact on the renaissance of What is arguably Orlando’s most successful in-town neighborhoods.