Lake House - Ivanhoe Village

opivys85

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s the current view from the pink apartments. They just put the last piece of staircase up on the rear left corner which should be the first portion to hit the full 9 story height. It’s going to be a monster compared to what’s around it, well as long as you don’t look across the railroad tracks. 

This portion is also just the rear left corner, they’ve also started building the front left corner which you can see just the edge of in the photo. 

02675BFC-8884-4582-920A-6205768D463A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

other proposals that move at a snail's pace.

Sounds like whoever was bankrolling it was ready to go from the beginning causing it to go pretty quickly. There hasn't been any advertising of any sort as far as I know, it's just been balls to the wall, get it done. 

Also NE Ivanhoe Blvd will be closed for the next two weeks or so as they run new underground utilities. Hopefully they repave and knock out the curb in front of where they're building at the same time. They may as well also convert the parking in front of the Greek Corner to parallel parking while they're at it, those spots are super dangerous with the blind corner right into cars backing out of spots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Seems like this one came out of nowhere.  Or perhaps it just wasn't discussed at length like some of the other proposals that move at a snail's pace.

You mean as opposed to constant Tweeting about one’s grandiose intentions but never breaking ground? Who knew!?!

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2019 at 12:12 PM, spenser1058 said:

You mean as opposed to constant Tweeting about one’s grandiose intentions but never breaking ground? Who knew!?!

now it's time for me to check that sh!t show of a thread for any "news" ala tweets...

Finfrock builds pretty quickly. I watched them put up Broadstone Winter Park in under a year. They say they have they’re own construction design software that pretty much breaks the building into puzzles so that once everything arrives there’s nothing really to set up just piecing it together. 

Edited by DreS0803

On 4/16/2019 at 12:33 AM, DreS0803 said:

Finfrock builds pretty quickly. I watched them put up Broadstone Winter Park in under a year. They say they have they’re own construction design software that pretty much breaks the building into puzzles so that once everything arrives there’s nothing really to set up just piecing it together. 

From AutoCAD to Bill of Materials to Supply Chain to plant to on-site assembly...you'd be amazed by how much of it can be automated.  As ugly as the buildings are, modular construction might be the cure to Orlando's affordable housing problem...

• Like 2

I think that's Finfrock's strength, they have their own modeling software and have been doing the pre-cast concrete since the dawn of time. They can actually do quite intricate designs despite being precast. 

Their other strength is they have the patent on the "dualdeck" concrete which you can see at Lake House. The floors come as a sandwich of two layers of concrete  that has a 2' gap or so between them, the gap has electrical and plumbing already run when it comes to the site. So essentially they just move the pieces into position and hook it all up. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The first retail tenant has signed. A 4100 foot, 150 seat, pineapple inspired restaurant called the Pinery (I'll leave to Spenser to explain why) is scheduled to open in late '20.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2019/10/22/2-new-restaurants-coming-to-downtown-orlando-area.html?iana=hpmvp_orl_news_headline

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

Who lives in a pineapple under the lake?  Spenser Spongepants!

Oh my!

Two things come to mind - pineapples are a symbol of hospitality so that makes some sense for a restaurant.

Going way back, before the Joyland amusement park was there (even before my time!), I recall someone grew pineapples up that way. I couldn’t find a link quickly but I’m pretty sure that’s correct.

Edited by spenser1058

42 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Oh my!

Two things come to mind - pineapples are a symbol of hospitality so that makes some sense for a restaurant.

Going way back, before the Joyland amusement park was there (even before my time!), I recall someone grew pineapples up that way. I couldn’t find a link quickly but I’m pretty sure that’s correct.

"The mixed-use project sits on land that, in the late 1800s, featured one of the largest pineapple farms in the U.S."

Combine that with Joyland IPA coming out of Ivanhoe Brewing and the soon to be Russell's on Ivanhoe in the old Mesa 21- referencing George Russell who built the old amusement park that was there- and we almost have some tribute to history.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AmIReal said:

The first retail tenant has signed. A 4100 foot, 150 seat, pineapple inspired restaurant called the Pinery (I'll leave to Spenser to explain why) is scheduled to open in late '20.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2019/10/22/2-new-restaurants-coming-to-downtown-orlando-area.html?iana=hpmvp_orl_news_headline

Does this mean they aren’t expecting Lake House to be complete for another year? I was thinking Q1 20.