Lake House - Ivanhoe Village

opivys85

On 5/9/2020 at 2:06 PM, prahaboheme said:

I may be relocating back to Orlando and this building is definitely an option. 

1 hour ago, orlandouprise said:

Welcome home Praha, I would definitely look at the Yard if I were looking for a new place. Imo, there is no other building like it in ORL. Love that design style.

There's always The Solaire at The Plaza...

plazaorlando.png

Good, central location.

Corner of Orange and Church or "Main and Main" as Buddy D. calls it.   :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

There's always The Solaire at The Plaza...

plazaorlando.png

Good, central location.

Corner of Orange and Church or "Main and Main" as Buddy D. calls it.   :thumbsup: 

Talk about beating a dead horse - why do you keep bringing it up?

Edited by spenser1058

21 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

Interesting. Aren't commercial landlords checking for personal assets during the screening process for the personal guarantee? If there is nothing to go after that means the personal guarantee was just a meaningless piece of paper - in name only.

They usually do but again most people leasing are tied up in that or other retail businesses so like in the case of now lots of people are going to lose everything so there is nothing to take. Its a weird world and it needs a lot of fixing but yeah I'd be a landlord in a heartbeat if I could. They pass through their taxes and maintenance to tenants so its super slanted to the landlord in most cases. You have to have some real bargaining power like big chains to come out ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

^^I like the color palette. I think the vertical channels will also house accent lighting for added visual interest at night. The retro architecture kinda reminds me of Lake Lucerne Towers and I hope they incorporate the unique vintage feel on the interior instead of using boring builder's-grade finishes.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

^^I like the color palette. I think the vertical channels will also house accent lighting for added visual interest at night. The retro architecture kinda reminds me of Lake Lucerne Towers and I hope they incorporate the unique vintage feel on the interior instead of using boring builder's-grade finishes.

I agree - I've mentioned in the past that I think the nod to art deco elements works really well in Orlando.  Only wish it was used more often.

Florida art deco is largely associated with South Beach yet Orlando has always had a healthy stock of it's own variation (that said, if it is preserved).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smileguy said:

Does anyone else feel like this is the elevation we were all sold, and ended up with the less good looking (more blocky/monolithic) view from the east?

Isn't that pretty much SOP with most buildings? 

DPAC being a prime example.

On 5/24/2020 at 4:49 PM, popsiclebrandon said:

They need to start pre-leasing soon I'd think. Very curious about timeline and prices.

I still haven't seen a thing. They're working on the front sidewalk this week and it looks like they're about to pave the entrance to the parking garage. After that I think they'd be pretty close to being able to lease some on the units on the west side which would line up with their second half of July time frame. Surprised there hasn't been any public release whatsoever. Perhaps they'll set up a leasing office once you're able to walk into the building? 

8 minutes ago, smileguy said:

$7,000 "penthouse." They are positioning themselves at the top of the market. Let's see how it plays out.

https://www.lakehouseapartmentsorlando.com/floorplans/penthouse/ph/

c61adbb1-a479-487e-8c4d-3214469c32fc.jpg

Yeah I think in the video I saw Brendan do they said there are 2 of those. The prices are crazy high for this building and I bet we see some big move in specials because I don't know anyone outside the Magic players who might drop 7k a month to live on I-4. They have some 1 bedrooms over 2k. That is a new top of the market pricing and I just can't picture them coming close to that. Especially with the Yard across the street offering pretty much the same amenities and location for way less.