Lake House - Ivanhoe Village

opivys85

Anyone called or emailed about pricing yet? I wonder if the pricing on Zillow is just them throwing out a price or actually what they’re looking for. It’s probably a bit tough getting those prices right now judging by the deals that The Yard is giving. 

The TH2 floor plan looks neat, it has an extra space that could be used as an office which is the only reason I’d want a second bedroom. 

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, smileguy said:

$7,000 "penthouse." They are positioning themselves at the top of the market. Let's see how it plays out.

https://www.lakehouseapartmentsorlando.com/floorplans/penthouse/ph/

c61adbb1-a479-487e-8c4d-3214469c32fc.jpg

That unit better have upgraded finishes lol. If they market the unit as a furnished short-term rental I'm sure they could get that amount. I was always skeptical that downtown could command that kind of premium, but I know of a few airbnbs downtown that are currently being rented out for the whole month for around that price -- at less sq ft too.

Edited by nite owℓ

The renders on their website make it look like there should be more colors going up on the side profile, although I’m not sure I like them that much. 

I noticed on the other side it looked like they were installing more architectural pieces. At first I thought they were fancy gutters but they could also be to hold some sort of sun shade system like the below render. 

E0067CD3-2CE6-43AA-B1C5-5173F78D1493.jpeg

Edited by sethM
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Generally I’m liking how this looks from most angles, including the I-4 impact.

They did a great job hiding the parking garage on this one.  Too bad they didn't hide the garage on the Orange/Robinson project.  It will be in full view along I-4.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, gibby said:

They did a great job hiding the parking garage on this one.  Too bad they didn't hide the garage on the Orange/Robinson project.  It will be in full view along I-4.

I dunno. 

I kinda like the view of a nice parking garage from I-4.

Anything is better than a flat sea of asphalt. 

19 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

It could use a bit more color/variation, although I agree that I am not so sure about the scheme proposed in the rendering. 

I do, however, appreciate the subtle variation in the balconies within the main square design element. 

I like the colors as shown.

Everyone on UP seems to dislike colorful buildings. 

22 hours ago, gibby said:

Hopefully down the line that Orange / Robinson garage will be obscured by future development to its west.  

Edited by prahaboheme
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, sethM said:

Here’s the sun shade / color pieces on the West side. I imagine these slide and then lock into place but they could be fixed, not sure. 

@smileguy should be happy to see the boring view he talked about become more colorful. 

I'll withhold further comment until I see the final look. 

• 1 month later...

Pricing is back on their website and it seems a bit optimistic to me, perhaps it's a mistake. 690 sq ft 1 bedroom is just under $2k per month, that doesn't seem right does it? You can get a two bedroom at The Yard for just about the same price. There are certain two bedroom layouts that are $4k per month... 

https://www.lakehouseapartmentsorlando.com/floorplans/1bedroom/

Edited by sethM
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 11:56 AM, popsiclebrandon said:

The building turned out pretty nice but the pricing is crazy. Friend visited and they said 1650 for a studio. He went across the street to the yard and got 1 bedroom for 1400.

Hey, $1,650 is better than what they quoted me! Sad since I was super interested in living there. Their pricing doesn’t seem to be working that well based on the availability on their website, looks like they’ve been able to lease out 5 units so far.

I really can’t figure out their target audience. They could get a few doctors or lawyers who want somewhere easy to live for a year or two, but I really fail to see what other type of person is going to pay $4k a month for a two bedroom apartment. I think The Yard is really at the top of what 99% of apartment renters are willing to pay. 

The permitting issues sound like a clown show on the Lake House side too. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, sethM said:

We’re down (up?) to 4 units leased out according to their website’s site plan... 

I wonder at what point they start to panic regarding their pricing and how low the interest has been. Perhaps they believe once they’re open demand will increase. 

Kevin Costner must be in charge...

• 1 month later...

They're still just showing the 4 units being reserved and initial move in is supposed to be next week. I wonder if instead of lowering prices they're looking at selling some units as condos? Their website now has terms like "custom designed residences" and "accepting reservations" which sounds more like they're selling condos. 

• 1 month later...