Station District Towers (two 31 story residential, two 34 story residential/hotel, and 5 other future phases), Sept, 2019 start

markhollin

8 minutes ago, AUNash said:

I must not have lived in Nashville yet when it was built. What was the intent? Why call it a “landport”?

Yeah I really don't get it either... To me it's basically a really long one story parking garage... pretty grandiose name calling it a "landport" to me.  lol

Former US Representative Bob Clement is known for spearheading a now-defunct landport at Cummins Station, known as the "Clement Landport," that was conceived as the hub of a bustling regional passenger system in Nashville that would incorporate bus service, van pools and bicyclists.  From the outset, the landport struggled to draw activity and was later slammed by critics as a waste of $4.6 million in federal funds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It'll definitely still happen eventually.  Way too valuable. I'm kinda glad nothing had fully started on this yet because everything will almost certainly be revised upward in scope now.  The amount of prime land that Liff has is incredible and it's a bit shocking that it's been totally quiet as long as it has been.  Could easily see 8-10 towers on all of this once it's fully realized.

Edited by TheSound
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...