Station District Towers (two 31 story residential, two 34 story residential/hotel, and 5 other future phases), Sept, 2019 start

markhollin

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
37 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Did Tony actually have approvals to go beyond the FAA ceiling? The next step for that, did he have an insurance provider willing to insure the building if/when he went past the FAA ceiling?

I’m thinking he had everything in place, they were just about to start construction ( within weeks ) when the ceiling collapsed in 2008 . Fencing was in place and equipment on site. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Did Tony actually have approvals to go beyond the FAA ceiling? The next step for that, did he have an insurance provider willing to insure the building if/when he went past the FAA ceiling?

I was always under the assumption that you can build as tall as you want, if codes allowed it. The problem would then be the insurance on the building, if it’s not approved by the FAA your insurance is outrageous. I could be very wrong.

• Like 1

I don’t recall a general impression that Tony had nearly enough presales to think about breaking ground on Siggy. (Certainly not the 1000 foot version.)

I suppose someone could go back through the ancient historic posts on UP Nashville to search for evidence. (My eyes wouldn’t hold up to that kind of computer or iPhone strain.)