Music Row Apartments, 1001 16th Ave. South (6 & 7 stories, unknown amount of units, ground level retail)

markhollin

• 4 months later...

Speedwagon Enterprises has joined up with Mark McDonald to buy the lot at 1001 16th Ave. South from Belmont Church for $5.1 million.  The church had purchased the property in 1979 for $150,000.  No further word on the hotel plans as of yet...but that should start to roll out soon.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21075139/music-row-site-eyed-for-hotel-sells-for-51m

• Like 1

Just curious what the building was built for, apparently pre/early post-WW2. I'd guess a grocery "supermarket". I'm always intrigued how cities grew. If that was built as a grocery some 80 years ago, makes me wonder when that area began transition from residential to commercial. Weren't there already studios in many houses by the end of the 1950s? 

Edited by MLBrumby

10 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Just curious what the building was built for, apparently pre/early post-WW2. I'd guess a grocery "supermarket". I'm always intrigued how cities grew. If that was built as a grocery some 80 years ago, makes me wonder when that area began transition from residential to commercial. Weren't there already studios in many houses by the end of the 1950s? 

The studio s were just starting to show up in the late 50s.  Music Row was a fairly tiny area at that point.  The 60s were when things started to take off.  The late 80s to mid 90s was when it reached its apex. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • markhollin changed the title to Music Row Apartments, 1001 16th Ave. South (6 & 7 stories, unknown amount of units, ground level retail)