209 22nd Ave. North Giarratana Residential Project (unknown size)

markhollin

4 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

I would argue that with the ride-share in that area specifically, one could argue for no parking. There are plenty of pay lots around that the hotel could set up agreements to park those who do drive there themselves

We have no parking requirements in the CBD. At this point that should really be extended to include Midtown.  There is no point in forcing people to build more parking than they need.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Buildtall said:

I still don’t understand the thinking that everyone will just use ride share. I have never used it and don’t ever plan on using it. I sorry but I love my car and love to drive and don’t trust anyone else’s driving.  I of course would never use valet either. 

Typically I see the argument for ride share when there are other highly efficient systems in place. Nashville is not there (obviously), but will eventually get there. So it does beg the question, what happens when inevitable occurs and you end up at a place that does not provide parking in a structure on site or something other than valet?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Typically I see the argument for ride share when there are other highly efficient systems in place. Nashville is not there (obviously), but will eventually get there. So it does beg the question, what happens when inevitable occurs and you end up at a place that does not provide parking in a structure on site or something other than valet?

You won’t find me at any of those place’s. I’ll pay what I need to pay and stay somewhere that offers parking. I always check when I’m traveling to make sure the hotels have self parking.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • markhollin changed the title to 209 22nd Ave. North Giarratana Residential Project (unknown size)

Say what?!?!?  

Dude needs to get 1010  Church and 800 Lea at the Roundabout out of the ground first! What's going on here? Aren't "we" in a recession?  I'm counting a dozen "imminent" projects! So will Nashville in the '20s be the Dallas in the '70s?  Of course, that's a "tongue in cheek" comment.

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2