dubone

BB&T-SunTrust - New Charlotte Headquarters

25 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is a blow to WS and to Atl., and great for the Queen!

Lol

Out of curiosity. Did any of you guys have even the slightest hint?  That would be an UP first. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I've talked to numerous people in the media, a friend at the Charlotte Business Alliance, and a couple developers. Nobody 

Wow, surprised. First thing I thought of was that you knew and it was what you were referring to in South End. This sounds like someone who would be in their own big building downtown, however. Any idea where u think this goes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

So this isn't even the Cousins property??  I like the idea someone floated on economic development thread regarding putting this on the NC RR property.  One would think they would build a fairly prominent building.  Even if they keep a major presence in ATL and WS, that doesn't mean some jobs (accounting, finance, auditing, HR, IT, etc.) won't slowly shift to CLT.   The only units the specifically mentioned staying in the current markets were corporate lending (ATL), and community banking (WS).  My personal opinion is that more jobs will shift to CLT than some seem to think.

The NCRR property would be perfect considering the proximity to the current BB&T tower.  But as part of a merger and new HQ, I think they won't really be tethered to the old buildings.  

2 minutes ago, RiverwoodCLT said:

This will be the 10th largest bank in US.   Would this put it in the top  500 companies in US?

The articles state that it will be the 6th largest bank by assets and deposits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RiverwoodCLT said:

This will be the 10th largest bank in US.   Would this put it in the top  500 companies in US?

CNBC said "sixth-largest US bank"  by assets/deposits.  That is typically the metric.  But maybe by market cap or another metric it is 10th. 

16 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Atlanta will be tied with Charlotte with 5 Fortune 150 companies as a metro twice as large. 

Does that account for Atlanta losing its First Data HQ to a merger recently?  EDIT: Never mind: I see FirstData is not a Fortune 150. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra