Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

25 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

If I were them, I'd build something on the corner of Mint & Stonewall looming 35 floors over the Bank of America Stadium field. 

Yeah, that quadrant at LU would be large enough to have a tower/hotel combination too like Ally/JW & Barings/Kimpton.  Let's just hope that dome is glass or see through lol. 

• Like 2

If this building so happen to not be on the north side of Uptown like I do want, then the parking lot right between Ascent and BB&T Ballpark would be great!! Maybe some underground parking, nothing above. That whole lot could be used for one building to sit on. It would break up all those apartments in that area and bring a different type of foot traffic there. And lots of retail would do good in that area too. 

Image result for s mint & s poplar charlotte

Edited by j-man

12 minutes ago, j-man said:

If this building so happen to not be on the north side of Uptown like I do want, then the parking lot right between Ascent and BB&T Ballpark would be great!! Maybe some underground parking, nothing above. That whole lot could be used for one building to sit on. It would break up all those apartments in that area and bring a different type of foot traffic there. And lots of retail would do good in that area too. 

Image result for s mint & s poplar charlotte

I actually think they need to use the lot where the Packard Place building is and Ink n Ivy. That’ll at least give them a College address. 

6 minutes ago, j-man said:

Am I the only one who doesn't want this to be LU affiliated? lol LU was planned before this merger, so let them build that and this go somewhere else. 

I mean... Lincoln Harris has proven itself very nimble thus far. They seem to be comfortable adapting their development plan for what's the best opportunity. Its like the NFL draft, sometimes you pick the BPA (Best Player Available) instead of going with what your original plan is. Stonewall and South Tryon are obviously the golden children of uptown, so why not sign on with someone that controls 5 additional pregraded developable acres?

Edited by Guest

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I mean... Lincoln Harris has proven itself very nimble thus far. They seem to be comfortable adapting their development plan for what's the best opportunity. Its like the NFL draft, sometimes you pick the BPA (Best Player Available) instead of going with what your original plan is. Stonewall and South Tryon is obviously the golden child of uptown, so why not sign on with someone that controls 5 additional developable acres?

When you put it like that.....gosh you always burst my bubble. lol TBH if it does go with LU, then it was planned exactly at the right time. It's like they almost knew i twas going to happen. 

3 minutes ago, j-man said:

When you put it like that.....gosh you always burst my bubble. lol TBH if it does go with LU, then it was planned exactly at the right time. It's like they almost knew i twas going to happen. 

Compared to what I understand was the original plan, I think it'll have 1/2 as much residential, 1/4 as much retail (I don't consider 90,000 sq foot gyms retail) around 4/5 as much hotel, and about 2x as much office. 

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Nah, I don't think that'd be an option. Too small, too far from Tryon. Could see them taking up a good bit of footprint.

Fair enough, though there would be a lot more room there if it wasn’t for the parking garage. Anything on or around Tryon does have a height advantage due to elevation.

Lets see who the big tenants we know of floating out there now Lendingtree, the new BeBiginSunTrust bank, Honeywell and throw in a Lowes IT office and who knows where these guys will end up.  

More office space at Legacy means more jobs and thus demand for retail and hotels somewhere in uptown. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Compared to what I understand was the original plan, I think it'll have 1/2 as much residential, 1/4 as much retail (I don't consider 90,000 sq foot gyms retail) around 4/5 as much hotel, and about 2x as much office. 

I truly don\t see a building going between the parking deck and the stadium. Too small, so that may not happen  there in that part. I just want them to spread it out evenly because Stonewall has too many of the same buildings already or planned that close nee to touch each other. Like why would 3 or 4  apartment buildings need to be side by side...that including the ones for Brooklyn Village.

6 minutes ago, j-man said:

I truly don\t see a building going between the parking deck and the stadium. Too small, so that may not happen  there in that part. I just want them to spread it out evenly because Stonewall has too many of the same buildings already or planned that close nee to touch each other. Like why would 3 or 4  apartment buildings need to be side by side...that including the ones for Brooklyn Village.

You can fit literally FIVE intercontinentals in that space between mint & the parking deck. That will be a residential building.

Also, Stonewall down there was developed as residential because there really wasn't much of a center of gravity for office. I think the 5 and 2 concept (5 resi, 2 parking) format is over uptown, thankfully. I think we are even seeing the end of products like Lennar, Novel Stonewall and NWR. You can see this with Levine's uptown building, it was conceived as 6 floors of residential, now its going to be 13, maybe up to 15 floors. (supposedly its gonna happen believe it or not, per a contact)

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, j-man said:

There will be one unfortunately sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Do you think LU2 will be the shortest project on this site, once everything is all said and done?  With how hot LU site is and as it seems an increase in demand for potential projects, just seems like any new project to come online will have to build up.  I personally would like a 30+ story hotel on-site.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Do you think LU2 will be the shortest project on this site, once everything is all said and done?  With how hot LU site is and as it seems an increase in demand for potential projects, just seems like any new project to come online will have to build up.  I personally would like a 30+ story hotel on-site.  

I'd imagine anything else would be between 20-36 floors. 

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

^^^First BB&T tower is was in Asheville.  It was converted to condos and a hotel and BB&T moved to a new building on the edge of downtown Asheville.  Below is what it looks like now Arras Hotel and Condos under construction in downtown Asheville. 

Would be cool to see something like this happen with one of the older class B buildings uptown.

2 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

Would be cool to see something like this happen with one of the older class B buildings uptown.

My pick would be 400 South Tryon the gold window building. They are losing their anchor tenant that leases 70% or more of the tower to their new Duke tower.   Would be a great hotel and condos or apartments.  

230 South Tryon the condos now but one time that was a 1970s era office building for Northwestern Bank swallowed up by First Union.  They took the building down to the studs and completely rebuilt as condos.     Some of Class B- buildings uptown will have to do this to survive I predict.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

My pick would be 400 South Tryon the gold window building. They are losing their anchor tenant that leases 70% or more of the tower to their new Duke tower.   Would be a great hotel and condos or apartments.  

230 South Tryon the condos now but one time that was a 1970s era office building for Northwestern Bank swallowed up by First Union.  They took the building down to the studs and completely rebuilt as condos.     Some of Class B- buildings uptown will have to do this to survive I predict.  

400 South Tryon is exactly what I had in mind

• Like 2