Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

37 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

400 South Tryon is exactly what I had in mind

3 Bryant Park didn't look much better before it was turned turquoise. Imagine... 400 South Tryon with a reskin and a Suntrust logo. Not all that far fetched. Spectrum turned a 60s office tower into condos at 230 South Tryon. plenty of buildings have gone through a reskin uptown.

image.png.2f405ae2231cfa5b6ff2841250588c19.png

Edited by Guest

50 minutes ago, 11 HouseBZ said:

I must be the only one that loves the golden windows. It's so 60/70's. We should call it our Black Monday Building. Plus I like diversity in the sky line. Not everything has to be blue/green glass.

No, I like the look of it.  Just wonder about it's viability as an office tower especially if LU builds as much office space as mentioned above.  WFC1, 400 South Tryon, BofA Plaza (which has done a great job on adding street level presence), and perhaps BB&T are all having some big tenants cut back.

• Like 2

If Wells Fargo is moving out of 1 WFC, then a lot of this space would be available.  Seems like one bank's former HQ would be perfect for another bank's current HQ.  The LL would also be willing to throw in some decent TIs to get them in that space.  They don't need the whole tower, just the top 33-50%.  This is formally my prediction.  1WFC becomes 1BBTSTC.

52 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

This is good news.  I really don't want to go to Ballentyne....most of 1WFC's floors are pretty bad, but it is a good location.

Old smoking Ed Crutchfield back in the day of FU got a long super cheap lease for that building that is up in 2021 and so the new Wells is moving some out and leaving some there.  

• Like 1

The "Iwo Jima" photo is obscene and disrespectful.

There were 26,000 American casualties in the battle of Iwo Jima. 6,800 United States soldiers, marines and sailors sacrificed their lives for their country.

The only thing the men is the photo did was to line their pockets with bonus checks.

Edited by Old Carolinian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I received a letter from BB&T recently.  I thought it said that it will continue to be called BB&T.  

My aunt got one too hers said no changes in 2019.  However they publicly announced there would be a new name when they announced the merger. 

• Like 4