dubone

BB&T-SunTrust - New Charlotte Headquarters

50 minutes ago, 11 HouseBZ said:

I must be the only one that loves the golden windows. It's so 60/70's. We should call it our Black Monday Building. Plus I like diversity in the sky line. Not everything has to be blue/green glass.

No, I like the look of it.  Just wonder about it's viability as an office tower especially if LU builds as much office space as mentioned above.  WFC1, 400 South Tryon, BofA Plaza (which has done a great job on adding street level presence), and perhaps BB&T are all having some big tenants cut back.

• Like 1

If Wells Fargo is moving out of 1 WFC, then a lot of this space would be available.  Seems like one bank's former HQ would be perfect for another bank's current HQ.  The LL would also be willing to throw in some decent TIs to get them in that space.  They don't need the whole tower, just the top 33-50%.  This is formally my prediction.  1WFC becomes 1BBTSTC.

Wells is smart they will get naming rights at 300 South Brevard if they want and retain rights at 1 WFC.  Their super cheap lease ends there in 2021 so they know they have to pay more especially with the new owner of 1 WFC.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KJHburg said:

No Wells is saying maybe moving 300k out of 1WFC which means they still have 300k plus there so still anchor naming tenant

This is good news.  I really don't want to go to Ballentyne....most of 1WFC's floors are pretty bad, but it is a good location.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

This is good news.  I really don't want to go to Ballentyne....most of 1WFC's floors are pretty bad, but it is a good location.

Old smoking Ed Crutchfield back in the day of FU got a long super cheap lease for that building that is up in 2021 and so the new Wells is moving some out and leaving some there.  

• Like 1