Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

4 hours ago, Miesian Corners said:

How about this: Royal Business Bank? They could acquire the Los Angeles-based bank and use its logo and fit in just fine around these parts. 

(Note to self: contact City of Charlotte Legal Department)

Charlotte’s crown without the jewel... it looks like they used the paint bucket and eraser tools on Microsoft Paint, haha.

DA097B9D-8188-41A4-99EC-7166848F0299.jpeg

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’d call it Queen City Financial Corp. and would use the slogan: “A bank fit for a Queen!”

QCFC (Queen City Futbol Club) is one of the suggested names I have seen tossed around for a new MLS team.

F777CB89-7E97-43BF-A28E-82C679443C61.jpeg

Edited by King of the Queen City
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Interesting the article mentions the new name will be applied to SunTrust Park but doesn't mention anything about BB&T Park in Charlotte or Winston-Salem. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

Interesting the article mentions the new name will be applied to SunTrust Park but doesn't mention anything about BB&T Park in Charlotte or Winston-Salem. 

The article is by the Atlanta Business Chronicle. The name of the Braves’ ballpark is more relevant to their readers.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Charlotte v. Atlanta:

1.  I prefer Uptown to downtown Atl;

2.  I prefer Atl’s burbs to the Queens’;

3.  I prefer Chik-Fill-A to Bojangles; but

4. I prefer Lowe’s to HD.

I think that your peace tour will be well-received, KJ.

Delta>>>American

Best domestic airline in terms of upgradeable offerings, destinations, service, on time departures, plane amenities and employees, plus sky clubs (need one here).

• Like 3

I agree with just about everything, but I gasped aloud when you had the AUDACITY to say The Varsity was the best drive in burger joint in the country. I remember being reccomended to eat there many years ago. After being yelled at by the cashiers (WHATYA HAVE?) -which i let slide because the food was supposed to be amazing- I received my burger and hot dog(i was starving)- this was glorified Stadium food at best. The burger was flat and bland, and the hot dog was the same thing you could buy at a gas station.  There are a million places in Charlotte(Bad Daddy's, Pinkies, Cookout) that serve a better burger than that flat flappy little thing I received. 
Sorry I'm so passionate about this, but you struck a nerve. How dare you. 

Agreed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JorgiPorgi said:

I agree with just about everything, but I gasped aloud when you had the AUDACITY to say The Varsity was the best drive in burger joint in the country. I remember being reccomended to eat there many years ago. After being yelled at by the cashiers (WHATYA HAVE?) -which i let slide because the food was supposed to be amazing- I received my burger and hot dog(i was starving)- this was glorified Stadium food at best. The burger was flat and bland, and the hot dog was the same thing you could buy at a gas station.  There are a million places in Charlotte(Bad Daddy's, Pinkies, Cookout) that serve a better burger than that flat flappy little thing I received. 

Sorry I'm so passionate about this, but you struck a nerve. How dare you. 

Brooks beats the brakes off of this.  Such a good place.

• Like 1

The Varsity might not have the best food ever, but it is cheap, and a pretty cool place that a lot of famous people have eaten at.
F6B29EE5-1AAA-4A17-808A-2BBF5A48C5AF.thumb.jpeg.375c6b6dc3b484ea328feddc279dec80.jpeg

No one quite as famous as KJ tho

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I said drive in burger did not say sit down and bring the burger to you seat place,  the Varsity at is purest is a drive in burger place and most people order at the counter though now (whatdahave whatdahave)  Everyone calm down I was just trying to get Atlanta props for something LOL.  I was not going to stop by this trip but all this discussion might have to get an Frosted Orange shake! 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, King of the Queen City said:

The Varsity might not have the best food ever, but it is cheap, and a pretty cool place that a lot of famous people have eaten at.

Oh it's definitely cheap, but good?  I remember when I moved to midtown - about four blocks from The Varsity -  that was one of the first places I hit the weekend I moved in.  Meh is generous.  But, maybe I'm a burger snob, so since I got there first when the fam came down we went there again and even the kids were just meh.  Having a Five Guys and The Vortex in the same couple of minute walk footprint didn't do Varsity any favors either. It's famous, I'm just not sure why any more.  

It kind reminds me of MJ's in Chicago; friends and family would come to visit and wanna go there and I'd go because it absolutely was a place to see and be seen, but the food?  Meh.

Now, a famous burger place that absolutely lives up to its reputation? The original Kuma's.  Eating an Anger Burger while drinking cheap suds with Megadeth blasting at 120 decibels is definitely a jam, and I'm not exactly the Heavy Metal demo.  

Anywell, if we do get a BB&T tower out of this, I'd settle for Meh; as I've beaten to death, BB&T is responsible for some of the ugliest architecture in the country, so to get something that isn't an abomination as unto the Lord would be a welcome change.

Edited by Tyrone Wiggum
I can't grammar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1