Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'd like to see BB&T's HQ look something like this newly-proposed tower in some city which shall not be named.

19.jpg

21.jpg

What is this tower? I haven't seen this one yet.

16 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

What is this tower? I haven't seen this one yet.

350 Park Ave by Vornado and Rudin.

1,350' tall.  

More importantly, I think that a signature tower like that is necessary to put BB&T on par with BoA's and Wells' landmark towers which dominate the Queen's crown.  Given the stature of the forthcoming BB&T/SunTrust company, it warrants an iconic tower.  It also would highlight Charlotte's role as the No. 2 financial center.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

350 Park Ave by Vornado and Rudin.

1,350' tall.  

More importantly, I think that a signature tower like that is necessary to put BB&T on par with BoA's and Wells' landmark towers which dominate the Queen's crown.  Given the stature of the forthcoming BB&T/SunTrust company, it warrants an iconic tower.  It also would highlight Charlotte's role as the No. 2 financial center.

Agree, but something like this tower, would have to lease for $100psf to be feasible in Charlotte. And the range of floor plate sizes from 15-42k yikes, that would scare away any leasing person.

I'm just thinking a design like that or something very iconic would be apropos, though it needn't be that tall.  This financial institution will be a big deal, and I think that it couldn't even grow beyond the two entities with even more acquisitions.  Therefore, I hope for something better than the FNB tower, which is nice.  However, BB&T/SunTrust will be a very significant entity.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm just thinking a design like that or something very iconic would be apropos, though it needn't be that tall.  This financial institution will be a big deal, and I think that it couldn't even grow beyond the two entities with even more acquisitions.  Therefore, I hope for something better than the FNB tower, which is nice.  However, BB&T/SunTrust will be a very significant entity.

We shall see, all the tallest buildings in Charlotte and Atlanta were pre-recession. I don't know if people have the appetite for "iconic" anymore. If anything I think we get another building Legacy Union size.

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

We shall see, all the tallest buildings in Charlotte and Atlanta were pre-recession. I don't know if people have the appetite for "iconic" anymore. If anything I think we get another building Legacy Union size.

I think that size is fine.  LU is pretty tall.  To me,  300 South Tryon is the best tower to rise since DEC/Wells.  As amazing as it is, I'd like to see something even better that makes a statement for this new financial powerhouse.    This new company really highlights Charlotte's prominence as the No. 2 banking center.

Edited by SydneyCarton

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think that size is fine.  LU is pretty tall.  To me,  300 South Tryon is the best tower to rise since DEC/Wells.  As amazing as it is, I'd like to see something even better that makes a statement for this new financial powerhouse.    This new company really highlights Charlotte's prominence as the No. 2 banking center.

I'd love to see it rise on N. Tryon, going to need some more balance to the skyline once Duke rises.

The talk of location made me go look at the map, and LU @ Stonewall and Tryon is the last available space uptown on S. Tryon, without major demolition.  The only, non high-rise I see is 217 S. Tryon, which backs up to BB&T's parking deck.  I don't think it will be the tallest, but I do think they will want it to front Tryon .  So I would lean N. Tryon, over LU.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whenever we're ready for a new tallest, I want it to go here. It would be a nice visual center when viewed from the east and west - which seem to be the common viewpoints to capture skyline shots.  And it's half a block back from Tryon without any street crossings for pedestrians. 

image.thumb.png.9ba0b0f2020a865aab4c59137eba6c6d.png

image.thumb.png.97793bbf70d4208a20b221a3c9abe5ae.png

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 3:26 PM, atlrvr said:

If this doesn't end up at Hal Marshall, I'll....well, I won't really do anything, since I'm just speculating, but I really suspect it does:

1) Large enough to build multiple buildings over time.

2) Signage with Brookshire and Independence presence.

3) Best transit connectivity in the future with proposed Silver line routing.

4) Accelerating growth just north of Uptown.

5) Ability to "anchor" that district.

6) Adjacent to UNCC MBA building which is great recruiting tool.

Quoting myself just because it seems on topic to the rumor earlier today.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FreeOpinions said:

How cool would a Mint St address be?

It’d be like printing money!

A spot that I cant believe has stayed untouched and/or no rumors yet, is the lot sandwiched between Mint and Popular next to Ascent. It is the last lot facing Romare (I dont count skinny lot at ink n ivy). It is a killer location. Idk if BBTrust would want to build there and they would not have any signage visible from 277 probably, however, they do have a ballpark named after them right next door which visibility/marketing wise from the ballpark and romare would be significant...also need to take into account visitors rolling into gateway station or from the airport and BBT tower could be the first bank they see.  I applaud FNB for their unique location. Kudos to them. If bbt needs space though, I would love them to jumpstart that north tryon vision. Blank canvas over there. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz