Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

11 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

A spot that I cant believe has stayed untouched and/or no rumors yet, is the lot sandwiched between Mint and Popular next to Ascent. It is the last lot facing Romare (I dont count skinny lot at ink n ivy). It is a killer location. Idk if BBTrust would want to build there and they would not have any signage visible from 277 probably, however, they do have a ballpark named after them right next door which visibility/marketing wise from the ballpark and romare would be significant...also need to take into account visitors rolling into gateway station or from the airport and BBT tower could be the first bank they see.  I applaud FNB for not building on Tryon or LU. Kudos to them. 

Technically, LU 1 & 2 will have a Tryon address 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If only we could even slightly dream of a new tall headquarters building in Atlanta. Oh my! How great would that be. However, we just get thiccccc buildings. (cough Norfolk Southern)

What about hotels you say? We just get boxes. (cough GWCC Hotel).

Hopefully yall get a tall tower. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Ric0_0 said:

If only we could even slightly dream of a new tall headquarters building in Atlanta. Oh my! How great would that be. However, we just get thiccccc buildings. (cough Norfolk Southern)

What about hotels you say? We just get boxes. (cough GWCC Hotel).

Hopefully yall get a tall tower. 

Are there any concrete plans for the Gulch?  I thought that Norfolk Southern was going there, but from what I saw on Curbed, it seems that they’re going to Midtown.

I like Atlanta a lot.   It has some things that I prefer to Charlotte, but the traffic is a deal breaker for me.

My wife was offered a job at Emory.   We loved it there, but the traffic was insane, especially since we wanted to live in Roswell.  Therefore, we didn’t go.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Are there any concrete plans for the Gulch?  I thought that Norfolk Southern was going there, but from what I saw on Curbed, it seems that they’re going to Midtown.

I like Atlanta a lot.   It has some things that I prefer to Charlotte, but the traffic is a deal breaker for me.

My wife was offered a job at Emory.   We loved it there, but the traffic was insane, especially since we wanted to live in Roswell.  Therefore, we didn’t go.

Norfolk Southern is NOT going to the Gulch. Norfolk owned the land in the Gulch. Their relocation to Atlanta was contingent on the fact that the Gulch deal was passed in Atlanta. It was passed, so Norfolk officially anounced their relocation to Midtown. This is the render for their new headquarters that is u/c. It's going to have around 750k sq ft of office space. Of course, it HAS to be stubby and it is developed by Cousins. Also, I can agree that traffic is hellish. I live in the North Fulton area and it never ends.

http://www.nscorp.com/content/nscorp/en/news/norfolk-southern-breaks-ground-on-new-atlanta-corporate-headquar.html

norfolk-southern-campus.jpg

There has been no definitive action on the Gulch, but these were leaked images. Nobody knows where they came from though.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/165366963@N02/

Edited by Ric0_0
  • Like 4

On 5/4/2019 at 9:59 PM, SydneyCarton said:

That traffic is insane and that’s even considering that Atl has a vastly superior road network.

That statement is literally an oxymoron, a superior road network would not result in "insane traffic" Charlotte's roads are by no means perfect, but I at least like that I'm not always funneled towards a main artery or highway. 

• 2 weeks later...

From a subscriber article in Atlanta Business Chronicle on the naming choices

""BB&T Corp. and SunTrust Banks Inc. are down to a “handful” of possible names for the new merged bank, according to Bill Rogers, chairman and CEO of SunTrust. Rogers said the banks likely will announce the new name by the end of the month.   “The list has narrowed fairly significantly,” Rogers said in an interview on Tuesday. “We are down to a handful names. As you can imagine, you have to get a name that’s legally defensible. But we are really laser-focused on the brand.”""

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2019/06/05/suntrust-bb-t-down-to-a-handful-of-possible-new.html

On 5/12/2019 at 5:33 PM, Spartan said:

You realize the irony in your statement right? The 'beautiful suburbs' are literally the reason traffic is so bad there (and here). There's no street grid or density to support transit and walkable neighborhoods outside of the City of Atlanta, so people have no choice except to drive. They've built themselves into a traffic hellhole, and are only now coming to terms with the idea that they can't widen their way out of that mess.

My daughter, to our chagrin, chose a college on the other side of ATL. Now we're condemned to four years of occasionally driving through/around that hellhole, where the traffic is sometimes bad, sometimes worse, never good.

(We do like the college itself, though.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Exile said:

My daughter, to our chagrin, chose a college on the other side of ATL. Now we're condemned to four years of occasionally driving through/around that hellhole, where the traffic is sometimes bad, sometimes worse, never good.

(We do like the college itself, though.)

sounds like Berry.   Just time it right and buy a NC Quick Pass which doubles as  Peach Pass to get on the toll managed lanes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cmett003 said:

Thats disappointing. Are they forcing other tenants out? How the hell is there that much available space in Hearst Tower?

BofA leaving Hearst for LU

3 minutes ago, cmett003 said:

Thats disappointing. Are they forcing other tenants out? How the hell is there that much available space in Hearst Tower?

They must be forcing people out. The article cites Hearst, K&L Gates and PwC as current tenants. I'm pretty sure Gensler also occupies 2-3 floors.

• Like 1

I actually think this is great... US Bank should also take over the existing Ally Building once they leave... these moves would allow for a new speculative building to be constructed to hopefully attract a corporate relocation ultimately adding more jobs. And exactly like Ricky_davis said, this was the only building available that could serve for a mass corporate relocation in a type A office building... build another one and another company would come :)

• Like 3

Please no signage.  That's what I love about our Big 3 (DEC, BOA, Hearst).  The Intercontinental hotel is going to be a great addition for that area and the bank.  I'm sad there is no new tower, but I hope somehow this will expedite the N Tryon revitalization efforts.  From Duckworths to Skyhouses...that area needs a lot of love.

• Like 2