Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

I still think they build a new tower one day once the merger is finalized. It may just be 5 years from now. They needed immediate headquarters space and it was obvious they weren't getting a new tower designed and built in a year.  

• Like 4

@lancer22 first mentioned this as possibility.  did not see this one coming But Cousins is a big Atlanta based REIT whom Sun Trust has a relationship with as well. 

This could slow down any more office towers announced for now.  

My photo from the other day of the new home of Branch Sun and Trust banking corp.  

Once again big news is announced when I am out of town in the Capital City today. 

IMG_5373.JPG

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, QClifer said:

any idea how long there lease will be? Maybe they just needed something quick to move into and will begin building a tower in 3 years and move in 5 years from now

15 years.

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/06/12/merged-bb-t-suntrust-bank-to-occupy-most-of-hearst.html

well there you go. I guess not all predictions are always right, but this was the easiest "space now" move by Suntrust, and they get a turn key iconic tower. 

nice scoop by Ashley.

I told y’all this months ago! 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, QClifer said:

any idea how long there lease will be? Maybe they just needed something quick to move into and will begin building a tower in 3 years and move in 5 years from now

Option to buy...so it may not be a lease at all. I suspect when the merger clears later this year, they exercise this option in 4Q. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

Hm. Not a fan of this, hopefully the tower is renamed or has some sort of signage. 

Keep your sign off of that tower. I don't want anything touching the top of Hearst.

36 minutes ago, Vitamin_N said:

I wonder if they'll occupy that old trading floor in Hearst.

I'd be surprised if that wasn't a big sell for them. I mean, the banking infrastructure is there, and BB&T had some skill in that part of the industry. It would be nice to see that again, albeit on a smaller scale. 

Personally, I think we are missing some of the point with this: this is probably one of a couple of towers for them. Think of every major bank in this city, and most have more than one tower. We aren't going to get a new tallest, but I am intrigued at what this does for North Tryon. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, a2theb said:

New name is Truist Financial........

Going to miss the BB&T name.  I've banked with them all my life. I'm assuming all the stadiums and arenas that have naming rights will change too.  Truist Ballpark...doesn't sound right.  Guess I'll get used to it.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1