Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

The ceo gave away last week that it was gonna be a questionable name when he said: “It’s not about the name, it’s about the brand”. They didn’t even acquire the exact match brand domain  Truist .com. And they only registered TruistFinancial .com 7 days ago.

The biggest beneficiary will be the owner of Truest.com who will get tons of accidental traffic since this new name fails the radio test. This is a C+ name at best. Very disappointing. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 1

The fact that a consultant company (InterBrand) was hired and paid a substantial amount of money to pick this half-ass/botched name is a major disgrace for soon to be one of the largest banks in the US.  Leaves a lot to be desired when names like BB&T and SunTrust are classy and Truist sounds like contrived  BS.... cannot believe this was approved.

Edited by EastCoaster93
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, EastCoaster93 said:

The fact that a consultant company (InterBrand) was hired and paid a substantial amount of money to pick this half-ass/botched name is a major disgrace for soon to be one of the largest banks in the US.  Leaves a lot to be desired when names like BB&T and SunTrust are classy and Truist sounds like contrived Bullcrap.... cannot believe this was improved.  

It’s not Interbrand’s fault that BB&T didn’t have the egos to simply keep the superior SunTrust name as the combined company brand. Interbrand was destined to fail here because THERE ARE NO GOOD NAMES LEFT. Yes, this name is bad but it really couldn’t be any better. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

It’s not Interbrand’s fault that BB&T didn’t have the egos to simply keep the superior SunTrust name as the combined company brand. Interbrand was destined to fail here because THERE ARE NO GOOD NAMES LEFT. Yes, this name is bad but it really couldn’t be any better. 

Bankist is available

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, King of the Queen City said:

I like the idea of keeping Trust in the name, but I’m not sure how I feel about “Truist.” I would have rather have seen them use an actual word like Trusted Financial. I wonder if they will merge the u and i in the actual logo to give the illusion of the word “trust?”

B320D432-8D92-45CD-8C60-AB3AE75FB627.jpeg.2ec95229109ab04916aeb0bdccccaacb.jpeg

image.png.1a711bcdc6b83628154fad4ad417dbec.png

Edited by Guest

I am out of state now is it pronounced TRUE IST?   I have to tell my aunt and nephew what the name of their bank will be. 

One more thing is Bank of America completely moving out of Hearst or will they have same space there?  BofA and Cousins have a relationship as they own Gateway Plaza together.  

and yes what about US Bank now is the time to for them to get a plan going for a tower of their own as they financing Ally Bank's new Tryon Place why not finance their own tower on N Tryon or maybe they end up at Legacy in Legacy 4?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, King of the Queen City said:

I like the idea of keeping Trust in the name, but I’m not sure how I feel about “Truist.” I would have rather have seen them use an actual word like Trusted Financial. I wonder if they will merge the u and i in the actual logo to give the illusion of the word “trust?”

B320D432-8D92-45CD-8C60-AB3AE75FB627.jpeg.2ec95229109ab04916aeb0bdccccaacb.jpeg

I think the "illusion of trust" is more the Wells Fargo brand.

• Haha 1