Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

I miss the green neon piping around the top of One Wells Fargo, before they switched to the white lighting from inside the glass. I wish they would go back to the piping style lights with color changing LED's like BofA Dallas. The current lighting just never looked classy since the dome isn't very interesting under the glass. Side note, try finding a single picture of it on Google. Seems all photos of it have been forgotten. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Love it. Doing what should have been done 5 years ago. Makes it a centerpiece of the nighttime skyline. I hope lighting coordination comes back eventually. There were some amazing skylines the 2nd half of last year. Seemed like every night the whole city was lit up together in support of a certain org or cause. 

Edited by Yeahdoug
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Spartan said:

As an uptown resident who has to look at these lights up close, I find the new lights to be garish and unpleasant to look at. I'm sure it looks nice driving past it on the interstate though.

5eo773ka30n11.png.6bb8204e606232e991e61f51bf8339aa.png

I love the look, but seeing the reflections I thought it must be bright as hell for neighbors. They should just stick to the top lit up and only do the sides for special occasions. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 11:26 PM, Spartan said:

As an uptown resident who has to look at these lights up close, I find the new lights to be garish and unpleasant to look at. I'm sure it looks nice driving past it on the interstate though.

5eo773ka30n11.png.6bb8204e606232e991e61f51bf8339aa.png

Wait till the signage goes up... There's a reason planning didn't follow their own rules with the rezoning and didn't notify the majority of residents who get the 'glow' in their windows.

8 hours ago, CLT> said:

Wait till the signage goes up... There's a reason planning didn't follow their own rules with the rezoning and didn't notify the majority of residents who get the 'glow' in their windows.

Are they going to project their logo into the night sky like a Bat, I mean Bank, Signal?  That would be pretty cool, except... does purple light help you sleep?  I already get the glow from the light sabers through my bedroom window. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, cltcane said:

Are they going to project their logo into the night sky like a Bat, I mean Bank, Signal?  That would be pretty cool, except... does purple light help you sleep?  I already get the glow from the light sabers through my bedroom window. 

Its subliminal marketing to buy a Purple (TM) Mattress.

• Haha 4

On 8/25/2020 at 10:17 AM, CLT> said:

Council adopted a new sign ordinance, so it's an SPA for a conditional plan to do something that would otherwise be allowed by right in a conventional district. I wouldn't blame the process though... since council opened the floodgates for signage a few years ago (by approving other signs), we're going to continue be inundated with it. All new buildings are going to have it from the start, and most old ones will be retrofitted in some way over time. One of the best things about Charlotte's skyline used to be the lack of signage clutter.  

A few other thoughts: I doubt the brightness was a part of the rezoning, so depending on where it falls in the permitting/ordinance it may or may not be something that the City can regulate.  It's also possible that these are demonstration tests and not the final product. BofA looked terrible when they were switching to LED lights but the end result was pretty good.  I'm choosing to remain optimistic about this until I know for sure it's worth of my ire.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 10:11 PM, Nick2 said:

The article mentions one tower but I see two in the rendering. Can someone elaborate? Are they just using a placeholder for inlivians project?

Edited by Guest