Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

This is truly terrible. What is BB&T (now Truist)’s obsession with signage anyway? They’ve always put signs on their buildings but this is next level.  If they are determined to put their name on the building then why not just project it at night as part of the light show instead of strip mall signage?

• Like 2

I truly hope Truist removes this, scales it down, and eliminates the backing, and puts any “necessary” signage about 30-40’ lower on the tower so it’s aligned with the top floor that visually looks like the rest.

This vanity project is nauseating. BofA’s signage on LU1 is more tasteful in scale.

Edited by Urban Cowboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, King of the Queen City said:

This is truly terrible. What is BB&T (now Truist)’s obsession with signage anyway? They’ve always put signs on their buildings but this is next level.  If they are determined to put their name on the building then why not just project it at night as part of the light show instead of strip mall signage?

BB&T has historically designed the ugliest towers in banking and we're suddenly surprised they have no sense of taste or aesthetics.  I am shocked, SHOCKED!

Be careful what you wish for UP; last thing Charlotte needs is a 40 story soviet block monstrosity in brown and blue.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tyrone Wiggum said:

BB&T has historically designed the ugliest towers in banking and we're suddenly surprised they have no sense of taste or aesthetics.  I am shocked, SHOCKED!

Be careful what you wish for UP; last thing Charlotte needs is a 40 story soviet block monstrosity in brown and blue.

Truist could be building that with their next tower

4 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Agreed but should have kept SunTrust name. Either would have been better.

Truist still has not gotten any better to me after all this time. Still horrible.

I love my local BB&T branch in Chapel Hill.  Everyone who works there is fantastic, but I hate that crazy name.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, navigator319 said:

Agreed but should have kept SunTrust name. Either would have been better.

Truist still has not gotten any better to me after all this time. Still horrible.

I would have kept SunTrust, which is a great name for primarily southern bank. Or split the difference and go with Sun Bank & Trust (SBT), and adopt SunTrust’s better logo and color scheme. I was never a fan of BB&T’s brownish red.

• Like 1

Oh my   :tw_flushed:

As superficial as "signage" is often thought to be, when properly executed it serves to convey a visual manifestation of underlying character, ie: elegance, sophistication, etc.    Charlotte manages to take one step forward on so many fronts, only to take one step backward on so many others.  

A very uncomfortable feeling that happens too often, in my opinion.  

So I guess we'll have to tolerate/ignore this step backward until the criticism fades and the act remedied quietly by those responsible?  

• Like 2