Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

30 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

This sign and the online hate for it got some play on WCNC this morning.

While the anchor agreed it does not look good suggested perhaps an overreaction considering everything else going on in the world.

Do you recall if the petition was mentioned? 

This whole overreaction when considering other 2020 happenings makes me laugh. As humans, we’re capable of being aware of and caring about more than one thing.

Edited by Urban Cowboy
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Urban Cowboy said:

Do you recall if the petition was mentioned? 

This whole overreaction when considering other 2020 happenings makes me laugh. As humans, we’re capable of being aware of and caring about more than one thing.

The female anchor mentioned 'even an online petition started to remove it'.  Was very brief though.   They did highlight a spoof twitter account of the sign, showed some online comments/tweets about how horrible it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

The female anchor mentioned 'even an online petition started to remove it'.  Was very brief though.   They did highlight a spoof twitter account of the sign, showed some online comments/tweets about how horrible it is.

Truist must be cowering from the pressure of that hard-hitting segment! Have they booked the helicopter for removal yet?

493 people have signed the petition so far. That's definitely not insignificant... I wonder if Truist is aware of the backlash?

49 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Bring back Wachovia. :D  

They should take away the IST in the Truist sign and add M & P on the end instead. ;) 

Given their recent PR issues, Wells Fargo could have used the rebrand more than BB&T/SunTrust. Bringing back Wachovia and putting the HQ in Charlotte would be a good move for them.  As for the M & P, @Urban Cowboy already posted one with the T**** name on the photo of the day thread (which served as an inspiration for these), haha.

• Like 2

With one bad decision, they have scarred one of the best skylines in the United States.  Bring in the guillotine.   Who is the company that designed this POS?  It is much bigger than the elevations they submitted to the City for approval.  Make it stop.  I'll give up beer for a year. 

Edited by Phillydog
  • Like 3

On 11/26/2020 at 5:37 PM, JeanClt said:

The issue is not signs themselves. The problem with that Truist sign is the fact that it is such an eyesore. Signs that are designed with the building in mind are integrated into the building’s architecture. When I looked at Duke Energy 2, the sign definitely caught my attention but I did not see as if it were slapped on there. The sign on Truist is so proportionally large for the tower. Bet you can see that sign from space. The sign just doesn’t match that Hearst (now Truist) Tower...The photoshop by Twitter @bsheridanclt (middle) is more proportional and less intrusive on the tower’s unique design. That would have been more acceptable IMO.
6b5a3735b8cffb37a7694bb64d992cc6.jpg

Disagree. The issue is that they want signs that exceed regulatory limits. I do agree in principle that good design can solve some of the issue - but once one "exception" is allowed, they all want them and you can't regulate taste.

5 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Some light testing this evening. I came into town from the west this evening, and could clearly read “TRUIST” from halfway down Freedom. I also have horrible eyesight. 

Between this and the new lighting scheme, Duke is rubbing their hands togethers menacingly....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Yeahdoug said:

Why the F can’t it just be letters! That would look so much better than having those background blocks. 

I was thinking the same thing.  The box hides some of the most important architectural features of the building and ruins the vertical form.  Great idea and as if we had any influence, would be a great compromise.