Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

4 hours ago, King of the Queen City said:

37E0BAEC-C32D-4139-A07F-8D970A6A9A56.thumb.jpeg.62a6a24ac4e23f4d43a4cea4f07a6244.jpeg

The signs stay lit longer than the building...

OMG, please tell me that sign was photoshopped.  I will be in Charlotte next week for the first time in a year.  If I see that on the otherwise beautiful skyline I don't know if I will be able to handle the shock to the system.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JacksonH said:

OMG, please tell me that sign was photoshopped.  I will be in Charlotte next week for the first time in a year.  If I see that on the otherwise beautiful skyline I don't know if I will be able to handle the shock to the system.

I wish it was photoshopped. Wait till you see it in broad daylight. It’s atrocious.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Ctaylor16 said:

Tonight from Courtside vantage point.  Lights came on in staggered fashion.  

Wife says it looks like a strip club. I like it even more now.

1213201731.jpg

Your wife may have a point. :) While I don't know what this says about me, I kind of like the lighting.  But whatever enhancement to the skyline that lightning might bring, it's offset by the Truist signage.  Here's what I'm hoping for:  The people running that bank come to their senses and realize what a terrible mistake they made in giving it that stupid name.  So they decide to rename the bank, which means they have to replace the sign.  And while the sign is coming down City Council holds an emergency meeting to pass a moratorium on all skyline signage on Uptown buildings.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, King of the Queen City said:

In the Truist spirit of not building a new tower and using an existing one, the tech center will be located at 200 South College Street, walking distance from Truist Center (not an arena) and Truist Field (not to be confused with Truist Field in Winston-Salem or Truist Park in Atlanta). This hip tech center will be connected to Overstreet Mall where the cool kids can hang out after work.  With a hippity hip tech center like this, who would want to work at the Lowe’s Tech Center overlooking a water tower and an abandoned mill? Come work for Truist and we will fulfill your truest wishes!

Would write this in blue, but it could be true...

a great idea!  and maybe the lone uptown McDonalds can open in their old spot.

Unfortunately Truist does not own this building and there is not a lot of space in there.  But here is my idea and maybe someone could illustrate it.  Truist should  lease or buy the Cousins Property owned Bank of America Plaza where BofA is leaving and then rename name it Truist Tower of Tech and light it up! 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Haha 2

I get it, their logo is purple. But can't they at least get on board with changing the color for Panther game days (not that it would help the Panthers, mind you)? And since every other skyscraper is going to be green and red come Christmas Eve, maybe have some holiday cheer and not give us the Uptown Cabaret purple that one night.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

On another Truist note I really like their TV commercials they are uplifting.  especially for a bank. 

:offtopic:

Has anyone seen that baffling First Citizens commercial? It's this bizarre talking head shot of a staffer saying something like "I started at a bank, and then it.. became a different bank." And it somehow is a sales pitch for First Citizens. Every time it airs we just scratch our heads.

edit: it's on their youtube channel.  still makes no sense. https://youtu.be/GlXBP-XQJuQ

Edited by tozmervo
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tozmervo said:

Has anyone seen that baffling First Citizens commercial? It's this bizarre talking head shot of a staffer saying something like "I started at a bank, and then it.. became a different bank." And it somehow is a sales pitch for First Citizens. Every time it airs we just scratch our heads.

edit: it's on their youtube channel.  still makes no sense. https://youtu.be/GlXBP-XQJuQ

All I can think about when I see a First Citizens commercial is how close they are to the camera. You can see all the pores in their faces and everything. A little too intimate...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, tozmervo said:

But their “clients know that they are First Citizens Bank”.  Sounds like they’ve got smarts.