Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Well the new Truist sign in Atlanta on the old 60 story Sun Trust Plaza is creating a controversy but I think a sign looks better there than on their HQ here in Charlotte.  

Opinion: Signage will deface Atlanta's second-tallest building, a Portman landmark | Urbanize Atlanta

This looks so hilariously bad. I'd prefer no or minimal signage. This is just gaudy and not in the fun, ironic way.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DownEast said:

Ours... Ours is way worse.

Truist%20Sign%20SunTrust%20Plaza%20downtown.png?itok=5aSKXLH3

Ours is absolutely worse. This rendering might get worse if they do the same as Charlotte and just slap a beige rectangle behind the Truist names but at least this tower gets smaller at the top unlike Hearst. I actually kind of like the "T" logos at the top. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Well the new Truist sign in Atlanta on the old 60 story Sun Trust Plaza is creating a controversy but I think a sign looks better there than on their HQ here in Charlotte.  

Opinion: Signage will deface Atlanta's second-tallest building, a Portman landmark | Urbanize Atlanta

They both look horrible. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Ours would look 10x better without the cardboard background. I’d take ATLs version in a heartbeat. The floating letters look, however, any signage on the Hearst is doing a disservice to the original design of the building. 

Just imagine the uproar of BOACC slapped up signage up there…same concept. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Ours would look 10x better without the cardboard background. I’d take ATLs version in a heartbeat. The floating letters look, however, any signage on the Hearst is doing a disservice to the original design of the building. 

Just imagine the uproar of BOACC slapped up signage up there…same concept. 

the floating letters would have required drilling directly into the facade in around 40 places, something that could not be fixed ever, and would likely have compromised the granite face. They hung it over the side, which required a backer for structural integrity. 

Edited by The Real Clayton
  • Like 3

We just have to endure this signage until Truist inevitably merges with somebody else or gets taken over and the name changes again. Truist + US Bank would make sense and provide some competition against the Big 4.  The combined branch network would cover nearly the entire country, with the only big hole being New York through New England. 

Edited by CLT2014