Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Desert Power said:
7 hours ago, KJHburg said:

story about the merger from American Banker magazine talks about Charlotte as Wall Street South.  (great photo of uptown too)

https://www.americanbanker.com/articles/wall-street-south-lands-bb-t-suntrust-no-amazon-contest-needed?itx[idio]=6199977&ito=792&itq=fb0bef9f-d1d5-48fe-9db4-570ef22ca212

I was reading an article in Bloomberg that used a similar turn of phrase last night too.

Nevermind, it is the same article.  Please retract your internet points.

• Haha 1

^^^ wow very interesting unless some big tenant leaves not much space in that building and the biggest tenant in Hearst is  Bank of America.  it is owned by Cousins which of course knows Suntrust very well both being from the ATL.      That is a great building of course.  

they indeed don't have much space there.   Hmm very interesting indeed could be temporary unless someone like BofA bails on their space there but I do think when they sold it and released space there they have some outs or ways to reduce space there.  

https://www.hearsttowercharlotte.com/leasing

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GeauxCLT said:

I’m hearing BBT/SunTrust to Hearst Tower. Not sure how that will work or if it is temporary, but that is the internal buzz. 

Its temporary, just like All State at WeWork. Going to get C-Suite people here until they can get their own big building. Lets just hope they inspire someone to develop 1,000,000 sq feet.

16 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^^ wow very interesting unless some big tenant leaves not much space in that building and the biggest tenant in Hearst is  Bank of America.  it is owned by Cousins which of course knows Suntrust very well both being from the ATL.      That is a great building of course.  

they indeed don't have much space there.   Hmm very interesting indeed could be temporary unless someone like BofA bails on their space there but I do think when they sold it and released space there they have some outs or ways to reduce space there.  

https://www.hearsttowercharlotte.com/leasing

BofA is blowing out of a substantial portion if not all of their space in Hearst as well as BofA Plaza.

Temp space will be in Hearst from what I'm hearing. No idea where this thing lands. Could be anywhere - LU, Duke Bunker,Police Land, and there are several sites which we don't even know about yet.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

If I were top execs of the #6 largest unnamed bank to be I would take this 34th floor sublease in the Hearst tower since it is available through 2029 plenty of time to build the BeBestBankTrust HQ   unless KJ Industries leases it first. 

https://images4.loopnet.com/d2/n-aGFtJDIt9iXfDdAF4MqnnTuYRipselCuIGkWDPDC4/document.pdf

Maybe they’ll make a mixed-use tower with a five-star hotel (like a Peninsula or Mandarin) and twenty-stories of condos for Charlotte’s first thousand footer.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Maybe they’ll make a mixed-use tower with a five-star hotel (like a Peninsula or Mandarin) and twenty-stories of condos for Charlotte’s first thousand footer.

personally I hope they build the worlds largest longaberger basket, and take the title away from‎ Frazeysburg, Ohio. It might not be your favorite idea, but mine might be a little more likely. ;-)

image.thumb.png.40ec66908ffad56ea8edb77164522bda.png

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

personally I hope they build the worlds largest longaberger basket, and take the title away from‎ Frazeysburg, Ohio. It might not be your favorite idea, but mine might be a little more likely. ;-)

image.thumb.png.40ec66908ffad56ea8edb77164522bda.png

I say let's start a fund to have this moved to Charlotte.  The basket company actually went bankrupt and this building is sitting empty from what I remember seeing on TV a year or so ago.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The optics today of a bank HQ sharing a building with a luxury hotel or luxury condos is a no go. They would be pummeled by critics for that.

I think the large chunk of space BofA is Vacating in BofA Plaza could be an option with possibly some naming rights immediately. 

I was speaking to someone today who is working with one of these banks in the commercial estate area. I tried really hard to sniff some info out, but all I got was a confirmation on thriftyness.

I don’t doubt the intel, and I think they will be thrifty too, but in the sense that they’ll lease back a large building developed just for them. Eventually. Maybe announced late fall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I don’t doubt the intel, and I think they will be thrifty too, but in the sense that they’ll lease back a large building developed just for them. Eventually. Maybe announced late fall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would be nice to get a rendering in the fall too.  It would be a pre-Christmas present.

On 3/27/2019 at 4:39 PM, lancer22 said:

BofA is blowing out of a substantial portion if not all of their space in Hearst as well as BofA Plaza.

Temp space will be in Hearst from what I'm hearing. No idea where this thing lands. Could be anywhere - LU, Duke Bunker,Police Land, and there are several sites which we don't even know about yet.

Yep.  My thought is that they will target expanding into this about to vacated space in those areas for a few years.  Maybe until the Suntrust CEO takes over.