Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse on here but the new lighting scheme (purple) for Hearst Tower is awful.   I took a driving tour around uptown last night and was very disappointed.   It’s dark, foreboding, Dracula blood sucking like and totally messing up the night time skyline lighting scheme.

someone really needs to get ahold of the Truist Executives.  I understand the $$ spent on marketing but really - they don’t need to have this building lit up like this.  :tw_weary:

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse on here but the new lighting scheme (purple) for Hearst Tower is awful.   I took a driving tour around uptown last night and was very disappointed.   It’s dark, foreboding, Dracula blood sucking like and totally messing up the night time skyline lighting scheme.

someone really needs to get ahold of the Truist Executives.  I understand the $$ spent on marketing but really - they don’t need to have this building lit up like this.  :tw_weary:

I’ll beat that dead horse even more. I saw it last night only because I was looking for it. If I didn’t know the building was lit in dark purple, I wouldn’t have known it had lights on it. 

Truist: don’t do this to such an awesome building. Sure, switch out the lights to LEDS and even a changing lighting scheme, but DARK purple? 

Edited by JorgiPorgi
  • Like 3

Yeah, I saw it last night too.  I thought everyone must be exaggerating.  No exaggeration.  It makes the top features of the building nearly indistinguishable.  I thought the previous lighting was dim to begin with, in need of an upgrade, but somehow the purple is so dark it makes the building blend into the sky.  @JorgiPorgi is totally right, if I wasn't looking for it, I wouldn't even have seen it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

It would be best with white highlights around the purple to accentuate it. Maybe a mixture of Hearst's old lights and the new Truist purple.

I’d gladly take a tacky Truist logo sign up there if they’d just return the crown lighting to its original white but I’m afraid we’re going to have both instead. 

7 minutes ago, norm21499 said:

I suspect that Truist Tower doesn't have updated LED lighting and are using filters to make the lights purple. Probably why the purple is so dark

I think they've got updated LED's, it's been blue for panthers games and then right back to white the day after and it would be tough to change out gels like that in a night on the roof of a building. I'm guessing they in order to get their exact branding colors they had to dim the lights down since its hard to make a bright dark purple. Just take a look at all the other buildings in the city when they were shooting for "purple" it came out more as pink

DSC03082.jpg

• Like 2