Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

12 hours ago, NcSc74 said:

Heard Warrick Dunn of Florida State and ATL Falcon fame name drop Truist Bank on Sirrius FM.  He has partnered with them doing a charity event tied to the Super Bowl.

Warrick Dunn building homes for years. 

https://wdc.org/

Edited by tarhoosier

Praise God! I hated the purple! Drove by on my way through last week, and literally had to squint to even see the purple. Let the tower shine the way it was intended. Put your signage at Street level and be happy. 

A2

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dubone said:

You have the legal right to photograph it from public property.   They have the legal right to say literally anything to you, including incorrectly stating your rights.  

Exactly. Turner vs. Driver was a Federal court decision that stated that anything you can photograph anything you can see from publicly owned right of ways as a first amendment right, including Police. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was once told at Hearst Trusit tower I could not take a photo but I stepped back to the sidewalk which is public property and took one when she turned around.  BofA is funny about their security and they don't like you taking photos inside or close up of their buildings.  However on a public sidewalk I can and will take photos of anything I want and another thing the KJ is very quick and often walk and take photos.    that is 4 things I can do at once talk, walk, take a photo and chew gum LOL

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Exactly. Turner vs. Driver was a Federal court decision that stated that anything you can photograph anything you can see from publicly owned right of ways as a first amendment right, including Police. 

The holding in Turner v. Driver is somewhat narrower.  Here is the factual background and the court's holding, as summarized by Justia US Law: 

Turner v. Driver, No. 16-10312 (5th Cir. 2017)

Justia Opinion Summary

"Plaintiff filed suit under 42 U.S.C. 1983 against three officers and the City of Fort Worth, alleging violations of his First and Fourth Amendment rights.  Plaintiff's suit stemmed from his arrest after he was video recording a police station from a public sidewalk and refused to identify himself to officers. The district court granted the officers' motion to dismiss based on qualified immunity.  The court concluded that all three officers are entitled to qualified immunity on the First Amendment claim because there was no clearly established First Amendment right to record the police at the time of plaintiff's activities.  The court explained for the future that First Amendment principles, controlling authority, and persuasive precedent demonstrate that a First Amendment right to record the police does exist, subject only to reasonable time, place, and manner restrictions. The court also concluded that Officer Grinalds and Dyess's initial questioning or detention of plaintiff before he was handcuffed was not objectively unreasonable in light of clearly established law.  Therefore, Grinalds and Dyess are entitled to qualified immunity on plaintiff's claim that they violated his Fourth Amendment right to be free from detention absent reasonable suspicion.  However, the court concluded that no objectively reasonable person in these officers' position could have believed that there was probable cause to arrest plaintiff and thus they are not entitled to qualified immunity on plaintiff's Fourth Amendment claim that the officers violated his right to be free from warrantless arrest absent probable cause.  Finally, Lieutenant Driver is entitled to qualified immunity on plaintiff's Fourth Amendment claims where Driver acted objectively reasonably in light of the circumstances.  Accordingly, the court affirmed as to this claim."

• Thanks 1