markhollin

Ditto Residential Tower, 19 stories, 131 units, 15 Music Square West

We will know more after a better rendering comes out. It reminds me of a building somewhere, but I just cant place it. I hope the rendering changes a lot because right now, I'm not a fan.

Here is a link to their website.

http://www.dittodc.com/

• Like 1

It is hard to tell by the drawing but the work examples on the developers website look original and high quality.

• Like 2

When I saw the headline "Ditto Residential Tower"...I was thinking this must be a residential tower that looks like every other tower in town.  Surprised the guy's name is actually Ditto. :D

• Haha 2

favors the very dated Knoxville Marriott...also reminds me of the Georgetown condos on Wisconsin 

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 3.20.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 3.22.48 PM.png

3 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

Does he have a twin brother?  That would make him a ditto Ditto.

Or a sister named Beth, front woman for The Gossip?  

All of those look familiar, especially the one in Knoxville as William emailed that one to me. Also the TVA office in Chattanooga a little too.

My favorite of this style/era is the Disney Contemporary Resort, complete with monorail through the atrium.

DSC00133.JPG

• Like 1

Yep. The first time I stayed there was after a party at the Masquerade in  1998, I was blown away by that atrium.

(Some moron was hanging on a hot water pipe in the basement of the venue and forced us to evacuate the building  at 6am... at least two hours before the party was scheduled to end. Talk about a literal buzz kill...)

20 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

Reminds me, in a much smaller scale, to the Marriott Marquis in Atlanta.  Has anyone been in this hotel?   It’s absolutely stunning on the inside.  

7335E3E8-E851-4C6E-AB18-A0E0C7E9FDF4.jpeg

B66AF838-97D6-41E2-8BC6-7EBFE77163FC.jpeg

I’ve never been there but the interior was prominently featured in the 1986 film Manhunter, directed by Michael Mann. Excellent movie, and the use of architecture actually plays a large role in the mood of the film. Mann is known for using architecture, color filters, music, and scenery to create moods for his films. 

2 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

Reminds me, in a much smaller scale, to the Marriott Marquis in Atlanta.  Has anyone been in this hotel?   It’s absolutely stunning on the inside.  

7335E3E8-E851-4C6E-AB18-A0E0C7E9FDF4.jpeg

They filmed part of The Hunger Games in this lobby!!

They also filmed a part of Spiderman in it too where Vulture was crashing down.  It was seen in the trailer but never used in the movie.   Given the movie incentives from Georgia, a ton of movies are made in and around this area.  (Keeping up with the Jones and Cock Blockers were filmed at the Hyatt next door to the Marriott)

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xODYvMDQ4L29yaWdpbmFsL0xvY2F0aW9uLmpwZw==.jpg

• Like 1

We stayed in the Atlanta Marriott Marquis a couple years ago. It's a pretty awesome interior; especially while enjoying a drink at the bar. We stayed on one of the higher floors, so the walkway from the elevator shaft to the walkway with the rooms would be a bit terrifying for someone afraid of heights. 

Reminds me of the Vanderbilt Loews just a little.

Just the slants at the top.

Edited by Jarno