Oracle, 60 acres at River North, 1,200,000 sq. ft. of space, $1.2B Investment, 8,500 jobs

markhollin

40 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Well there is hope for a number of those nearby lots for taller buildings. You can bet the farm those industrial buildings over on the other side of Cowan will be changing hands rather soon and developers will be trying to get the zoning changed. The price of real estate just went up on that side of town. 

The overlay on Dickerson will now more than likely be built out to the max to accommodate the most possible for the zoning allowed. Thus the areas where RMR is about to develop will be prime for tall residential towers up to 30 stories allowed by the SP they already have in place.

Maybe this can spur the crazy development down the river near Clarksville Pike.  I can’t remember what it was called.  

52 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Well there is hope for a number of those nearby lots for taller buildings. You can bet the farm those industrial buildings over on the other side of Cowan will be changing hands rather soon and developers will be trying to get the zoning changed. The price of real estate just went up on that side of town. 

The overlay on Dickerson will now more than likely be built out to the max to accommodate the most possible for the zoning allowed. Thus the areas where RMR is about to develop will be prime for tall residential towers up to 30 stories allowed by the SP they already have in place.

One of my customers is right there on Cowan and they're staying put. I think they're really just waiting for River North to finally get a big get so they can cash out on the ensuing property value explosion. I wouldn't be shocked to hear them moving to a new location in the near future now. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Maybe this can spur the crazy development down the river near Clarksville Pike.  I can’t remember what it was called.  

I hope you were not talking about the Ewing development. That project was dead before it ever was announced. Those jokers do not have the means too pull it off. There is more to the story too I think now. The other project closer in that has the canals has a better chance as they at least have a SP in place, but I doubt that will happen either.

• Like 1

Good editorial in todays's NBJ on how Oracle reflects Nashville's growth:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/04/15/from-the-editor-this-is-who-we-are-now.html

Tech leaders: Oracle will increase Nashville tech talent, further establish city as tech hub.  More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/04/14/tech-chiefs-oracle-will-raise-local-talent.html

• Like 3