Childress Klein/Ram South End Tower - Lowe's anchored (23 floors - 357')

KJHburg

2 hours ago, Madison Parkitect said:

I figured that was you taking quick photos of Lowe's and ducking into Superica! I was the guy standing by the door in the blue Seattle Sounders shirt with XBOX on the front. But I didn't want to walk up to a stranger and say "hey, are you KJHBurg?"

well I did have a huge stack of pancakes at Superica this morning around 11 and the place was packed!  Yeah I think I saw you as I was like "is this guy going to move out from the front of the door or what"" LOL.    I may or may not have eaten this stack of pancakes and all that bacon.  

Supericabreakfast.jpg

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

What is going to go on the lot facing uptown?

That was purchased recently by Childress Klein. The shops will remain, thankfully, but the West Blvd and Hawkins parcel will be Phase 2 of the design center. Hotel has long been a desired part of the equation, and there have been two hotels proposed here over the years. West Elm Hotel in 2015, and a cool Modernist Hotel back in 2006.

4 hours ago, j-man said:

Is there a reason this building is taking so long....seems like it’s been so many months and they have only done with like a third of the deck

parking decks with diagonal ramps like this take FOREVER, it has to support an entire skyscraper afterall, its a delicate process. You must be new to watching load bearing decks get poured. 

13 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

parking decks with diagonal ramps like this take FOREVER, it has to support an entire skyscraper afterall, its a delicate process. You must be new to watching load bearing decks get poured. 

I’m not new to them. But aren’t Honeywell and Vantage SouthEnd literally the same way as far as construction of their decks that are supporting many floors on top. If so they didn’t take as long. One other person mentioned that this one only has one crane so I guess that that was the actual reason. 

Edited by j-man
  • Like 1

I’m not new to them. But aren’t Honeywell and Vantage SouthEnd literally the same way as far as construction of their decks that are supporting many floors on top. If so they didn’t take as long. One other person mentioned that this one only has one crane so I guess that that was the actual reason. 

Honeywell the ramps are within the original deck. Vantage is going pretty slow, but with that deck the weight is much more spread out, Lowe’s will hold much more building on much smaller of an area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...