Childress Klein/Ram South End Tower - Lowe's anchored (23 floors - 357')

KJHburg

On 7/4/2019 at 12:26 PM, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Lowes is using Facebook ads to have tech professionals sign up for updates as they start to hire for jobs out of the new office.  Shared a few street level pics I didn't see before.

Screenshot_20190704-122118~2.png

Screenshot_20190704-122104~2.png

I'm having a hard time placing the location of the second rendering... I'm assuming it's down Worthington?  ...But overall I really like this street level aside from the grass planters. Gimme more hardscape!

• Like 3

I'm having a hard time placing the location of the second rendering... I'm assuming it's down Worthington?  ...But overall I really like this street level aside from the grass planters. Gimme more hardscape!

Yes this is down Worthington. Agree on the grass, not sure why we are taking up so much sidewalk space with obstacles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Spartan said:

Penelope Cruz is gonna be working there (pic 2, brunette) and you're worried about anything else?  Hang your head in shame.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, t_money said:

Gosh I hope they don't get rid of any of those power lines. Maybe if we are lucky they'll even add a few!

plans indicate buried utilities along Worthington and Camden, but not Hawkins

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, SoDoSoPa said:

I really don't think Wilkes County has the infrastructure to support a Fortune 500 company HQ.   Beyond that, they have a terrible time attracting any talent to a county that small.  They were already have trouble recruiting engineers to Mooresville (hence the tech center in the SouthEnd), could you imagine trying to convince a young college graduate to move to Wilkesboro?

The quote was stating the home base needs to be taken care of, though. Lowe’s is not doing that at it’s original home base, it’s taking jobs away actually. 

I was just talking to a recruiter about working for Lowe's. They would allow me to do remote work some days, but still wanted me to travel to Mooresville multiple times a week. I just don't see the point when I can find another place to work in the city fairly easily. We couldn't come to a deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10d540f2185e29e2271faa75449d6c0c.jpg&key=c292c3972991aab7f02aafbf70855b0d4e62fea9f130be008dfa1b989eeffd6a

Not much changed from west blvd side

West Blvd will be a later phase either residential or hotel depending on market conditions.

On 8/25/2019 at 6:19 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

West Blvd will be a later phase either residential or hotel depending on market conditions.

That seems like such a no brainer for a hotel site. With the SouthEnd office explosion, the number of business travelers that will be wanting to stay in that area will be skyrocketing.  Not to mention it becoming it becoming more attractive for pleasure travelers, people visiting relatives/friends who live in the area, etc., given the restaurants, bars, and breweries. 

• Like 3