Childress Klein/Ram South End Tower - Lowe's anchored (23 floors - 357')

KJHburg

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/31/2020 at 6:03 PM, KJHburg said:

The so called Superica alley needs you wall art of some sort and they are sitting patrons out there in the alley now. 

Maybe @KJHburg could offer some of your Charlotte photos! Build the alley into a photography exhibit dedicated to Charlotte development over the years.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, stw52 said:

Maybe @KJHburg could offer some of your Charlotte photos! Build the alley into a photography exhibit dedicated to Charlotte development over the years.

good idea but maybe skyline shots of charlotte over the years in the last 100 years since that mill was opened.  we need to showcase our history.  good idea.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

took some family to my favorite Tex Mex spot now opened 7 days a week and this tower is working nonstop towards completion.  Workers present until 7.30 pm  Today. 

IMG_1324.JPG

crap me and @Jt282506 watched ths same panel go up 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Fun fact: Boise is French and means "wooded". Bois(bwah)=wood;  boisé (bwa-zay)=wooded.

French were everywhere in central, north and western America before the English speakers. Names on the land.

I'll call [but afterwards quickly fold, because this is the only one I happen to know]:

Des Moines means "The Monks"!!  Apparently the earliest European settlers in the area were evangelist Catholic monks, in the 18th century.

• Like 2

There were French and French speakers throughout the East, Midwest, and West before the English speakers arrived. The Spanish had the Southwest but all the rivers and lakes and lands between, Maine to Mobile to the Cascade Mountains in the U. S. and throughout Canada was French explored and named.  One of my favorites is Detroit. d'étroit means "of the strait". Étroit=strait, a narrow water passage. This étroit is between Lake St Clair and Lake Erie. Très simple, non?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_place_names_of_French_origin_in_the_United_States#:~:text=Nine state capitals are French,that are Spanish (Sacramento and

• Like 1