KJHburg

Childress Klein/Ram South End Tower - Lowe's anchored (23 floors - 357')

I look at the water tower on the Nebel mill building and then the new Lowes tower and I think about the NYC buildings with water tanks on the roof for sprinkler pressure. How does this building, and other buildings, maintain fire suppression systems without roof sourced pressure? The have fire suppression sprinklers, I assume. Someone educate me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s definitely taller than the Hawk for sure! There might be a bit of forced perspective with the pictures though and the angles making the Hawk look teeny tiny

• Like 2

I am familiar with the brass standpipes at prominent locations of buildings. With a sign with a  Y to indicate connection.  I assumed this was for fire pumper connection. 

Thank you for the education.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DMann said:

And to think they made my scooter dealer move from that property!!!

thats nothing compared to losing my surface parking lot for Superica ! 

• Haha 3

On 1/15/2021 at 9:14 AM, SydneyCarton said:

This is a beautiful tower!

I'd like to see Lowe's build another tower and move the whole HQ to SouthEnd.

The campus is huge and (pre-covid) filled to capacity, you probably need 3-4 more of these to move but I wouldn't be surprised if they opt to expand further in Charlotte if the building proves successful in attracting talent  They already have a number of floors in the Grant Thornton too that seem to be sticky. 

Edited by BarrenLucidity
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BarrenLucidity said:

The campus is huge and (pre-covid) filled to capacity, you probably need 3-4 more of these to move but I wouldn't be surprised if they opt to expand further in Charlotte if the building proves successful in attracting talent  They already have a number of floors in the Grant Thornton too that seem to be sticky. 

I know.  I had interviewed for a job there years ago.   I really dislike suburban office parks.

• Like 3

Is the final color going to be beige on those sides or will it be black? A bit of a split personality. One part South End and one part Ballantyne. 

• Like 1