David Francis at East Broad Streets.

gman430

6 hours ago, vicupstate said:

What is being built? I don't see anything on the wesite that you linked. 

This was supposed to be Condos at one point but that was some time ago. 

Nothing on their website yet. There’s a new sign on the site saying they are behind the site design for the future project there. I’m not sure what is being planned. Hopefully we will find out soon though. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

David Francis at East Broad Multi-Family

38 Condominiums. Very reminicent of Markley Place in building design.  

I don't love it as it stands right now. It's a little 'meh', but maybe it will improve as the design is developed. 

I wonder what the developer is envisioning for the area along Broad marked as "Future speculative Commercial/Office Use (separate phase from multi-family high rise use)". 

33 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

I don't love it as it stands right now. It's a little 'meh', but maybe it will improve as the design is developed. 

I wonder what the developer is envisioning for the area along Broad marked as "Future speculative Commercial/Office Use (separate phase from multi-family high rise use)". 

Cons: 

Too much of the white wash/stucco look

Too short

A FLAT TOP!  CAN'T ANYBODY DESIGN SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T HAVE A FLAT TOP BESIDES THE BOHEMIAM HOTEL DESIGNERS? 

Pros:

Could be worse

It's not an overgrown shoebox

IT'S NOT AN OVERGROWN SHOEBOX!

3 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

Where is that on the pdf file? I don’t see it. 

wonder what the developer is envisioning for the area along Broad marked as "Future speculative Commercial/Office Use (separate phase from multi-family high rise use)". 

The applicant said they were in discussions with a medical office user for the lower part of the parcel fronting on Broad St.   

Figured this would be a short building to maintain the views from the condos. It will probably have surface parking. I wish they'd reconfigure their development and build condos up to Broad. 

Who owns the sliver of sloping land along McDaniel? Would that ever be developed?

19 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

The applicant said they were in discussions with a medical office user for the lower part of the parcel fronting on Broad St.   

So an urgent care center that is one story tall then? Just perfect. :rolleyes: 

54 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

The city owns it. It is technically part of Cleveland Park.  There is a .438 triangular parcel between the city's land and the applicant's. 

That's interesting. So, Ridgeland is basically completely surrounded by Cleveland Park.