markhollin

ONE22ONE, 23 -27 stories, 365-500,000 sq. ft. office space, 7,000 sq. ft. ground floor retail

3 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Construction financing not secured yet

So that means it will be a box by the time someone agrees to front the money for this right? 

I think I'd rather see Tomlin build the companion tower to Nashville City Center before this. And what's with the trend toward the zig-zag glass effect? Not a fan myself. 

In typical Nashville Fashion, this thing will be "23 stories".... until it's cut to 20 by the time they get all their funding. By groundbreaking... 17-18 stories. Ok... carry on. Sorry to be the negative nellie (somebody has to:tw_grimace: ).

• Haha 1

Are the odds pretty good on this one happening? I'm always a little cautious when I read that the developer doesn't have financing lined up yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

Are the odds pretty good on this one happening? I'm always a little cautious when I read that the developer doesn't have financing lined up yet.

Spending millions on a sliver of property is always a positive sign. In this day and age it seems like every project is in position to move forward save for anything by Alex Palmer.

• Haha 1

They want to go 27, but they will need to get bonus height I think is the plan. That should not be a problem since Endeavor got 27 across the street.

• Like 3

Would 27 floors of office rise taller than 400'? 

Also, would someone here know/explain to me the economics of going taller than what we've seen in office towers; seem to top out at 27-30. IIRC someone tried to explain it regarding the Bridgestone tower, but I didn't understand. Is it a floor-count thing? Or simply a height level thing, beyond which the cost of construction skyrockets? 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

McDonald's we've got you surrounded, come out with your hands up!!

BREAKING: McDonald's announces its first McD's Tower concept, a 400 story red and yellow multi-use high-rise where its most frequent restaurant guests stay for free

Edited by DDIG
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, wreynol4 said:

Bait for Oracle?

That’s what I was thinking, they could take this tower and the office portion of the nearby Endeavor project. Maybe even both Endeavor projects, I believe there was some 50,000 odd sq ft in the Whole Foods Tower, among with however many hundreds of thousands of sq ft in the deja vu tower. 

• Like 4

So, @titanhog, is this one of your two secrets?

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Here is the rendering from The Nashville Post site:

GBT Broadway, 1.jpg

Any word on the parking garage?  Will it be underground or is there extra space above Whole Foods across the street?

• Like 3