ONE22ONE, 25 stories, 356', 357,000 sq. ft. office space, 6,700 q. ft. ground floor retail

markhollin

13 minutes ago, DeemonBruhn said:

Reality - media rarely, if ever, gets the details right. Chronically understaffed and under budgeted. Big picture story.. quick edits... good enough. Move on.

Local TV especially. God love them but they are all extreme generalists who are racing story to story.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • smeagolsfree changed the title to ONE22ONE, 26 stories, (above grade) 420' 365-500,000 sq. ft. office space, 7,000 sq. ft. ground floor retail
5 minutes ago, Craiger said:

Ten dollars says it becomes a box by the time it's actually built...

LOL... no one will take that bet b/c... well, Nashville. 

However, George Tomlin is not John Eakin, the kautious king of the budget box. So good chance this one gets built as proposed in renderings. 

Edited by MLBrumby

11 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

LOL... no one will take that bet b/c... well, Nashville. 

However, George Tomlin is not John Eakin, the kautious king of the budget box. So good chance this one gets built as proposed in renderings. 

I agree. I know both John and his family and George and his family.  I admire both of them.  As a developer, John's nature is to be cautious and conservative, George's nature is much the same, but he  has always struck me as having more of a sense of flair or style (for lack of a better term) about him, and he seems to be a bit more aggressive with his developments. (Of course, I have long believed that the amount of  "aggressiveness" a developer possesses is in direct proportion to the amount and flavor of the capital that is willing to back him.)

• Like 1

• smeagolsfree changed the title to ONE22ONE, 29 stories, (above grade) 420' 365-500,000 sq. ft. office space, 7,000 sq. ft. ground floor retail

I've got the day off and I'm driving the wife around to shop. So spending lots of time in the car :tw_frown:, but that's only part of the reason I'm frustrated reading this info.  It seems that some developers have a practice of announcing a lower number of floors (26 here!) than they really plan. But that's an undercount.  Looking at the cutaway, I count 28 floors above grade with a cap PLUS the two u/g parking levels. Undercounting (at least in their announcements) appears to be a fairly common practice with developers in Nashville (Omni, Amazon, Kenect, to name a few). We saw how Tomlin got burned with his proposal to build the tower on Murphy Road (too tall). And we're familiar with Nashville's notorious fear of height. But who in this neighborhood would be upset with 2/3 more floors?  Makes me wonder: Do they intend to lie?  If so, is it to minimize the perception of the height to the public?  26 floors sounds better than 28, really? It can't be that they're careless with fact about something they're building. Of course, the members of the zoning committee have this info, so they're not fooled. 

OK, rant over. Wife's coming. Got to roll up windows and turn on A/C for the queen.