ONE22ONE, 25 stories, 356', 357,000 sq. ft. office space, 6,700 q. ft. ground floor retail

markhollin

12 hours ago, TNinVB said:

I was stationed in Japan back in the early 90’s. They had a teriyaki mcburger.  It was so tasty! 

Seriously. I love eating at McDonald's in other countries.  It's trash food here in the US, but as soon as you leave the U.S. it's creative and delicious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_availability_of_McDonald's_products

Each time I've been overseas I begin to crave a McDonalds after 3-4 days... and I seldom eat McD's here. Anyone remember a McChicken cardamom at McDonald's in England (their version of Tikka Masala) about 20 years ago? I swear I enjoyed one but I can find no trace on the Internet that they ever had them. 

So will One22One have a restaurant at street level? 

1 hour ago, FromParkAveToTN said:

Two11Two is moving along faster than I expected. 

Yes and the most interesting thing to watch on this construction will be the installation of the cladding.  It looks like those little V shaped bits of protruding concrete on the edges will start getting bigger as it gets taller and eventually form the zigzag patterns with the glass which will make this more than just a square box when it's done. 

• Like 4

Wow! do they intend to close down a large portion of Broadway for many of the pump truck pours? Obviously once the tower gets high enough the cranes or internal pump will handle this, but odd that they apparently close down like four lanes of Broadway (along with the sidewalk on the south side of Broadway)

41 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Wow! do they intend to close down a large portion of Broadway for many of the pump truck pours? Obviously once the tower gets high enough the cranes or internal pump will handle this, but odd that they apparently close down like four lanes of Broadway (along with the sidewalk on the south side of Broadway)

I noticed that they had installed the pump that will rise along with the tower when I drove by this morning. 

• Like 4

Right!!! It fills a gap and does so with a little (not much) flair with the protruding darts around it. Personally, I think it looks like a 1970s building in some sunbelt boomtown but it should have better height than the renderings depict.  If B'way/West End is going to be a grand boulevard (Nashville's version anyway) then this building sure beats a one-story Firestone garage. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Really think it would need to be a couple hundred feet taller to be “iconic”…but it will still be a nice change in the skyline.

Yeah, the proportions  of most Nashville towers feel too squat. Doubling the height to width ratio would do a lot to help. But we all know too well the reasons why they don't/can't go higher..

• Like 1