ONE22ONE, 25 stories, 356', 357,000 sq. ft. office space, 6,700 q. ft. ground floor retail

markhollin

2 hours ago, BeaveStirs said:

Yeah, the proportions  of most Nashville towers feel too squat. Doubling the height to width ratio would do a lot to help. But we all know too well the reasons why they don't/can't go higher..

I had posted a week or so ago in another thread that there are some lots in the CBD that are suited for some very tall towers. It is a matter of time. Most of these lots are on Commerce St. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nashville born said:

I share the sentiment/lament/opinion that this building would be waaaaaaaay better, more visually stunning, potentially iconic if it's height was slated for 500'+.  Was referring more to the finished appearance and how it tends to differ from anything else  we have.  I've complained on several threads about the "squattiness" (making that up) of our buildings, especially the newer ones.  Each new one feels like yet another missed opportunity to truly reshape/redefine the skyline.  Some designs even feel borderline lazy.  Just saw the announcement about the Gibson Residences.  Here we go again.  21 stories = squatty.  How many more standard or L-shaped boxes can one city have?  We have to be at our limit.  I'm going to look that up in the ordinances. 

Said it before and will keep saying.  That's why I'm a diehard fan of and pulling hard for:  Buckingham, Circle South, 2nd & Peabody, Fairmont, and Tony G's duo.  They each represent height PLUS singular aesthetics and would absolutely redefine the skyline.

Last thought and will end this rant.  I don't like when random poster's take shots at Nashville in comparison to their city.  Borrowing ideas that have proven to get results in other cities however, is another thing all together.  One I wish we'd borrow is the ordinance Atlanta passed back in the eighties (I think) that outlawed the old international style of skyscraper or flat roofs or something like that.  It seemed to help spur some nice, visually stunning designs that didn't follow the norm and that's what I'd really enjoy seeing in my beloved Nashville.

It's been a weird transition for Nashville.  We’ve gotten a TON of really good projects, not only downtown, but in SoBro, the Gulch and even Midtown.  So happy to see the Broadwest residential tower go over 400’ because I would have never expected that height west of the interstate even 10 years ago.  However…there are these crazy height limitations in some parts of the city that end up giving our skyline a flattop look.  I do wonder if there were no height limitations in DT, SoBro, the Gulch or along West End / Broadway in Midtown if we’d still have the exact same skyline…or would we have some taller structures poking their heads above the rest?  I just don’t know.

• Like 4

It's a bass-ackward small town attitude that (for some reason) believes they can retain Mayberry on the Cumberland.  I see it as the same mindset that was set against mass transit.  It's unrealistic and it will end up causing more problems if they ignore the growth. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2021 at 3:02 PM, Bos2Nash said:

Hooray only like two more levels of parking before they actually start the building!

This comment made me think:  wow, imagine if we DIDN'T have the benefit of these pedestals.  Imagine just how stumpy the skyline would be.  Don't even want to imagine it...  Come on Nashville, let's go!  Giddy-up (with emphasis on the UP)!!!

• Like 1

I just noticed that it appears as though one of the sides of the building doesn't have those V shaped concrete edges that get a little bigger as you go up for mounting the unusual exterior panels.  Does that mean that just that one side is going to be a flat bland looking wall while the rest of the building has those interesting three dimensional V shaped surfaces?  If that's the case it's very disappointing!