ONE22ONE, 25 stories, 356', 357,000 sq. ft. office space, 6,700 q. ft. ground floor retail

markhollin

23 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Rather than having these companies employee their own privatized bus fleet and the city bending over backwards to prioritize them in traffic, why not ask for that money to go towards funding a mass transit system and they get to market themselves as a great corporate citizen??

Don't get me wrong, I want mass transit, but given Nashville isn't shovel ready (we don't even have a proposal for mass transit ready lol), a company can 1.) privatize and implement their own bus fleet and 2.) look like a good corporate citizen now (versus 10 years from now). And the obligation for a city to prioritize traffic is much less compared to what the city needs to do to plan/approve/fund/build mass transit.

29 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

So it won't be the richer renters/homeowners who go after the poorer residents lots directly, but rather the developers who will buy out a large number of parcels to then turnaround an rent/sell to the richer renters/homebuyers at a steep mark up?

I would argue that most developers go after the lowest costing land even more so than the individual buyer. They have the advantage of being able to construct a new, desirable neighborhood versus the individual buyer who is more than likely going to be trying to buy into an established, desirable neighborhood.

Fair points, but I agree/disagree. Buying up a large number of parcels really is not that easy. It only takes one grandmother to say no to any price. Vacant parking lots, warehouses, or land is much easier for larger scale projects. In Nashville's case, there is a ton of developable land available that wouldn't displace existing residences. As a real time example, look at the development tracker for Wedgewood Houston, perhaps the most desirable, hip neighborhood in town. I know available land is not the case at all for Boston, however, and developers will absolutely displace poorer residents if that's the only option. 

image.thumb.png.4993f21433169d7eab73e5ec8a15dd8b.png

• Like 3