markhollin

ONE22ONE, 25 stories, 356', 357,000 sq. ft. office space, 6,700 q. ft. ground floor retail

Wish it were a bit taller.  23 Floors at about 15' per floor should get us up to at least 340'...but it looks shorter than Endeavor in some of those renders...so I'm not sure.

I think you're right about the lower 10 floors being parking.  So...maybe that's where we lose some height?  If those are only 11'...that would be 110' of parking and about 195" for the rest...and maybe a 10' crown?  That would get us to 315'?

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 2

Yeah... happy to have it obviously, but I kinda feel like that great design is being wasted on a building so short.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nashvylle said:

I like how this image incorporates what is being built right now. However, what is the building to the left of JWMarriott?

I think that's supposed to be the Embassy Suites Hotel.

• Like 2

Agreed. This design would be incredible for the 40 story tower in Nashville Yards. I would have thought GBT would have wanted to go taller considering their fight on the Murphy Rd. project.

47 minutes ago, Andy20 said:

Agreed. This design would be incredible for the 40 story tower in Nashville Yards. I would have thought GBT would have wanted to go taller considering their fight on the Murphy Rd. project.

Yes agreed that would be awesome  40 stories and it would look great next to Tony G new Tower as well with similar design features

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy20 said:

Appears to me they're just wanting to get their feet wet in the "high-rise" game...but not wanting to over-extend themselves.  I bet if they're successful with these two projects, they may take more chances later.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DeemonBruhn said:

The negativity on this board is impressive.

I personally don't really consider 'this building looks so amazing that I wish there was more of it' to be a negative sentiment, Ron.  ;)

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

I wasn’t being negative so much as I was stating I thought the design would be even better on a taller building. This is one of my favorite designs, and it’s perfect at this location as an entrance to downtown. I just wish it was taller. 

In the interview the woman (who I assume is on the development team) says that they can deliver anywhere from 365,000 to 500,000 sq feet. It looks like the current render is for the 365,000 sq ft version. If they could line up a couple key tenants (Oracle???) then maybe they would exapnd it to the 500,000 sq ft. It looks like the floor plates will be ~26,334 sq ft, so an additional 135,000 sq ft would yield another five floors and roughly 50-60 feet of height. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmmmm... IMHO, not very attractive. And this trend in light blue/grey tinted glass just makes a building disappear on a cloudy day. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Hmmmm... IMHO, not very attractive. And this trend in light blue/grey tinted glass just makes a building disappear on a cloudy day. 

Yeah...there have been times the Pinnacle completely disappears.  It's kinda cool, though. 

• Like 2

Yessssss. More would be ideal, but I'm glad to see this is at the top end of proposed height range.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

That's great, but why the hell is 27 stories the max height there?  That's absolutely absurd.  

That is the question that goes back to the days of the dark ages of Metros Planning department that we will never ever know. I truly believe there needs to be an update to the DTC(downtown code) and disbanding the MDHA design review committee as there is no need for them any longer, like there ever was, IMO.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   5 members

• Similar Content

• By markhollin
      Entrepreneur Bill Miller (Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline Museums, House of Cards, Nudie's Honkey Tonk, Skull's Rainbow Room, Sinatra's, etc.) wants to build a 16 story, 143 ft. addition on top of the 98-year-old, 3 story Federal Reserve Bank Building at 226 3rd Ave. North. It would include restoring much of the original structure as part of a new hotel. No word yet on brand, or how many rooms, although the added structure will take up 46,700 sq. ft. on the new levels. 

The documentation is a bit unclear---the renderings show an 8 story addition, and yet some elements talk about 12 more stories.

This will be across the street from the planned 11 story addition for the Indigo Hotel on top of the 118 year old Nashville Trust Building (which has been approved).

Miller will go before the Metro Planning Commission on Thursday, April 9, to request an overall height modification for the property above the 6 levels of new development allowed by current codes for that neighborhood.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21118737/hotel-addition-eyed-for-historic-downtown-building

• By markhollin
      A 32-33 story residential tower at 900 Church St. is being planned for a Summer 2022 opening by Tony Giarratana on the .31 acre lot at 900 Church St. It should stand at least 400 feet in height. No word on how many units, or if there is a parking garage included.

This thin block is now inhabited by the 1 story YMCA of Middle Tennessee admin building, which has no historical significance. It is also just one block east of the twin Amazon towers currently under construction as part of the Nashville Yards development. 
      More at the Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21094216/giarratana-eyes-church-street-for-next-skyscraper
      Official website:

https://www.900church.com/

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Tony already has hype starting on the digital billboard at the Broadway/West End Ave. split:

• By markhollin
      Brentwood-based GBT Realty wants to build a two tower (one that could go as high as 20 stories tall) complex near the intersection of West End Ave., Murphy Road, and I-440. To be called 3415 Murphy, it will include 250,000 sq. ft. of Class A office space, 175 hotel rooms, 30,000 sq. ft. of restaurant/retail, and a parking garage on the 1.5 acre site at 3415-3419 Murphy Rd.  The retail/restaurant space would front Murphy Rd., and the hotel/office towers would be toward the back of the lot, along I-440. 

No renderings as of yet, other than the schematic layout below. Project cost and financing are not clear yet.  Proposed completion date is 2022. Metro Planning Commission is scheduled to review the plan Aug. 9.  The commission's votes are non-binding on Metro Council, where 3 majority votes must occur in order for a requested zoning change to become law.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/06/29/developer-tees-up-office-space-hotel-to-overhaul.html?ana=e_mc_prem&s=newsletter&ed=2018-06-29&u=blTR7Dj233GiBQ74JyYK0Q09b4ecfd&t=1530277677&j=82434901

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/06/25/20-story-project-looms-for-site-off-west-end-i-440.html

• By markhollin
      Cypress Real Estate Advisors is under contract to buy 2.2 acres  from New Orleans-based investor group led by Brian Gibbs to build 1 or 2 towers that would include  350,000 sq. ft. of office space and 400 residential units.  Tentative name is 10th & Lea. No word on the cost of the transaction, the size of the buildings, financing, etc. 

The site is nearly rectangular in shape, bordered by Ninth and 10th Avenue South, Clark Place and Lea Avenue. It's diagonally behind the JW Marriott and consists of the parking lots at 810 Lea Ave. and 310 10th Ave. S., as well as a two-story brick building at 300 10th Ave. S.

Primarily all of the lot is surface parking at this time, but it does include the historic 2 story, 33,500 sq. ft., brick structure built in 1926.  One would hope they will incorporate this building into their plans.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/02/03/austin-developer-targets-site-between-high-rises.html?ana=twt

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21113761/sobro-site-eyed-for-major-mixeduse-project

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the part of the site that Brian Gibbs' group had controlled highlighted in teal at the center of the frame.  This development will include the white roofed-building and surface lot just to the left on the SE corner of Clark St. and 10th Ave. South:

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.