Sign in to follow this  
gman430

Berkshire Hathaway building redevelopment downtown.

DRB signs and survey stakes up all over the place here. Let’s get this party started. Site sits between Vardry, Markley, Field and Augusta Streets in the West End part of downtown between Fluor Field and Greenville High School.

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, gman said:

What will it look like?

I don’t know what is being planned or what it will look like. Hopefully we will find out soon though. 

Edited by gman430

13 hours ago, gman430 said:

I don’t know what is being planned or what it will look like. Hopefully we will find out soon though. 

Glad someone finally bought that office building. It had been for sale for nearly 3 years. Perfect location!

The DRB signs that were up on site yesterday are now gone. Odd. Survey stakes and soil drilling locations still there though. 

Edited by gman430

Wow! By the initial look of things, I'm impressed. What a great improvement to this site, and the Augusta Street corridor!

"Because the project is relying on Opportunity Zone investment funds, the project must be underway in 2019 to take full advantage of the financial benefits, he says."

Let's get it moving!

I really like it also. It seems a little closed off with the landscaping, though. Either way it's definitely an improvement to this area. 

Edited by Den2Gvl

And there it is. Guess they bought the land all the way up to the railroad tracks. Love the planned retail space. Wish it was a little taller though. Overall very nice. 

Edited by gman430

Just when I thought the apartment market might take a breath and see how things fill up, we've seen two fairly substantial proposal in the last few weeks. I hope the momentum continues and the market proves to support them. 

5 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

Just when I thought the apartment market might take a breath and see how things fill up, we've seen two fairly substantial proposal in the last few weeks. I hope the momentum continues and the market proves to support them. 

Amazing...apartments just keep on coming...wonder if many (eventually) become condos in the future.  Millennials (& retirees?)  must be reason for the demand....I couldn't live downtown in an apt.  

This proposal reminds me of District West, but in a more prominent location.  Not a bad design for this property.

Overall, very nice. I definitely count six stories, not five. I do wish there were a few parts with variable heights to break up the straight roofline since its a horizontal building, but I really like the varying of the street front facades and the non boxiness. Nice design.

7 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Overall, very nice. I definitely count six stories, not five. I do wish there were a few parts with variable heights to break up the straight roofline since its a horizontal building, but I really like the varying of the street front facades and the non boxiness. Nice design.

Definitely 5 stories, not that it matters.

Anybody else having trouble getting the file to open? Keeps trying to refresh on its own for me. 

Edit: Got it to open on my laptop. Too big of a file for the phone. Very nice project though overall. :) Should fit in and complement Fluor Field along with the rest of the West End fairly well. 

Edited by gman430

DRB approved as submitted with signage approval to come later. Cemetious panels details to be reviewed by two members of board.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk