The McClaren

vicupstate

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are they moving the Clinic to?  Between this and shoeless Joe, we are now gentrifying buildings along with people, kind of.  It is kind of weird/interesting to think about what would happen if we just kept moving historical buildings to make room for progress.  And if that is what is needed and no other option then we should. I am glad we are not destroying them and its funny to imagine an ever growing ring of historic buildings just on the outskirts of town constantly being moved as the spot they were just in becomes too valuable for the house to be there anymore.  When it happens to people, not so funny.

18 minutes ago, gvegascple said:

Where are they moving the Clinic to?  Between this and shoeless Joe, we are now gentrifying buildings along with people, kind of.  It is kind of weird/interesting to think about what would happen if we just kept moving historical buildings to make room for progress.  And if that is what is needed and no other option then we should. I am glad we are not destroying them and its funny to imagine an ever growing ring of historic buildings just on the outskirts of town constantly being moved as the spot they were just in becomes too valuable for the house to be there anymore.  When it happens to people, not so funny.

Well, to be fair, Shoeless Joe Jackson's house isn't really the same scenario. But, to answer your question: they're just moving the clinic to the corner of Academy Street -- 40' or so?

8 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

Well, to be fair, Shoeless Joe Jackson's house isn't really the same scenario. But, to answer your question: they're just moving the clinic to the corner of Academy Street -- 40' or so?

I was thinking it wouldn't be too far. But then my twisted mind went down the path of well, it wasn't moved until the land it was on became too valuable, and then that might happen to the next spot depending on how close to the first spot it was, and then to how its oddly similar to what happens to people.  Just some frivolous thought.

On 2/4/2020 at 10:08 PM, vicupstate said:

The clinic building should be moving in approximately one month.

I was looking at renderings of the McClaren just now, and I noticed the “clinic building” doesn’t appear the clinic is moved. Does anyone know why it’s being moved or where it’s being moved to (I know it’s supposed to be on site)? Maybe they’re moving it a few feet closer to Academy St?

8EF9BFF7-3504-41F2-B28C-D020F4513E45.png

DEBBA5C7-0CC5-4608-ABF3-0717E19CBA68.jpeg

Edited by GVLover

It's essentially being move one lot over (closer to Academy) from its existing site. It's a rather small shift.

Also, I still very much dislike the angled protrusion.  The one on the Academy Street side is not as extreme, but the narrow one is way too dramatic. This building is much more interesting without that Vegas-looking fin.

Edited by GvilleSC

1 hour ago, GvilleSC said:

It's essentially being move one lot over (closer to Academy) from its existing site. It's a rather small shift.

Also, I still very much dislike the angled protrusion.  The one on the Academy Street side is not as extreme, but the narrow one is way too dramatic. This building is much more interesting without that Vegas-looking fin.

I actually like it. Its good to see something a little more daring and different.  This building should make quite an impact here at 10-11 stories, plus a big footprint. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 7:19 PM, distortedlogic said:

I actually like it. Its good to see something a little more daring and different.  This building should make quite an impact here at 10-11 stories, plus a big footprint. 

Its hard to tell with this rendering software.  I am for daring and different, and fins are not daring and different enough.  To me, it would be like adding fins to an old boring design,  you end up with an old boring design now with fins.  And its hard to tell from the rendering, crossing fingers.  We definitely are overdue for more exciting architecture.  

Edited by gvegascple

2 hours ago, gvegascple said:

Its hard to tell with this rendering software.  I am for daring and different, and fins are not daring and different enough.  To me, it would be like adding fins to an old boring design,  you end up with an old boring design now with fins.  And its hard to tell from the rendeing, crossing fingers.  We definitely are overdue for more exciting architecture.  

I get you but compared to most of our modern boxes this would be a little daring a different! :lol:

• Like 1