NEUHOFF PLANT DEVELOPMENT, 14 stories, 6-7 stories, 650,000 sq. ft. office, 175,000 sq. ft. retail, 550 apts, 50 hotel rooms, 2,000 car internal garage, $500+ million

smeagolsfree

35 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

After looking at the pictures, I wonder what there was that burned? 

Probably those BEAUTIFUL (but likely very tindery and dry) wood support columns and beams...

If so, it is going to take a lot of $$$$ to make the building structurally sound again. Hopefully not too much $$$$ that it kills the profitability of the development.

I think maybe the floors were made of wood. Hopefully the fire did not get hot enough to destabilize the walls they should be OK. The fire dept. said they were concerned about the floors giving way, so that is why I think they were made of wood as well as the fact that one of the photos looks as if there are wood planks on the ceiling from the floor above. I have never been in there, so maybe if someone that has been in there can shed some light, then it would be helpful.

^ ^ ^ I'm only aware of the one that happened last week.  Jim Irwin, the developer from Atlanta behind the $500+ million project, specializes in refurbishing old factories and warehouses.  He very much wants to retain as much of the grit and fabric of the property as possible....that's what will help it really stand out and become one of the most iconic sites of Germantown in particular, and Nashville as a whole.  

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The 3 story livestock holding pen is now razed.

Looking north from Adams St., 1/4 block south of Taylor St:

Neuhoff Plant, Oct 19, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking NW from Adams St., 1/4 block south of Taylor St:

Neuhoff Plant, Oct 19, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking east from intersection of Taylor St. and Cumberland River Greenway:

Neuhoff Plant, Oct 19, 2019, 3.jpg

Gutting of main slaughterhouse still underway.  Looking east from Adams St., 1/4 block south of Taylor St:

Neuhoff Plant, Oct 19, 2019, 4.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...