NEUHOFF PLANT DEVELOPMENT, 14 stories, 6-7 stories, 650,000 sq. ft. office, 175,000 sq. ft. retail, 550 apts, 50 hotel rooms, 2,000 car internal garage, $500+ million

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe so. We toured the site as part of an Historic Germantown Association group and I recall there will also be at least ten restaurants, some located inside the old plant with a very cool industrial chic aesthetic.

With Moderna Germantown straddling it, I wonder if the Delek USA tank farm will eventually go away? I can’t imagine living in Moderna and looking at a massive oil facility.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, chc3 said:

With Moderna Germantown straddling it, I wonder if the Delek USA tank farm will eventually go away? I can’t imagine living in Moderna and looking at a massive oil facility.

I agree.  In fact, you will also have the 7 story/303 unit 2nd & Van Buren development going in on the NW corner of Cumberland River Greenway and Van Buren, which is immediately to the west of the tank farm.  Should they be unwilling to sell, I think it would be interesting to see if they would be open to having 30 ft. cedar trees planted tightly along the Greenway, Van Buren St., and Adams St. to obscure the site, and even deaden some of the noise.  I bet the neighborhood would be grateful.   Same could be done for the NES transformers on the SE corner of 2nd Ave. North and Van Buren.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chc3 said:

I find it curious that a developer (or a resident) of a new project in an emerging neighborhood in a “gritty” setting  would expect the elements that were in place for decades prior would expect the grit to exit the neighborhood because they find it offensive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mike G said:

The Delek site smells pretty bad; the odor is probably more off-putting than the sight.

Not to mention the Metro Water sewage treatment plant next door, especially in the summer. Maybe the new additions to the the plant will ameliorate the occasional bad smells.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...