NEUHOFF PLANT DEVELOPMENT, 14 stories, 6-7 stories, 650,000 sq. ft. office, 175,000 sq. ft. retail, 550 apts, 50 hotel rooms, 2,000 car internal garage, $500+ million

smeagolsfree

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

Good for these guys!      The next time a developer wants to tear down a historic building because “it’s in bad shape and can’t be saved”, I want to ask them have you done this?    

Agreed completely.  I'm sure there is a point at which a building is too far gone if it hasn't been maintained, but I do get the impression that often times developers just use that as an excuse to be lazy and/or cheap.  I mean half of the buildings currently standing in Rome today were probably constructed before the US was even a country, but you're telling me a seventy year old apartment building is too dilapidated to be saved?  GTFO of here.  I don't buy it.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 11:49 PM, markhollin said:

The office high-rise will be the first round of new construction. Will you start without tenants in hand? We are committed to starting the first component of it speculatively. Part of why that's important in this discrete case is that it's been my experience that when you're doing something that's not like other projects, you really have to be able to show it. No amount of renderings or me waving my arms around helps to show what it can become. Fortunately, I have capital partners who understand that and see that vision. 

Am I misunderstanding something, or was there a change of plans? From previous readings (some articles, but also the recap in the 2nd post on this thread), it sounded like the office high rise would be in Phase II, which might begin after the first phase is done (with a 4ish year timeline). But this sounds like it might be in Phase I. Any ideas on that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Quixotic 1 said:

This is probably posted on the wrong topic, but demo has started on the old warehouse on second between Monroe and Taylor. Apparently a solid brick wall separated the two large metal warehouses on the property. It’s going to look really empty without that structure there. Looking forward to the apartments, the office space, and especially the beer hall. I wonder if Bearded Iris might move in.

I hope Bearded Iris stays where they are. After this is COVID Crud is all over there will be room for another brewery /beer hall in that area. When you have one then a second or a third is even better because that will draw even more people. That is why when you see one fast food restaurant o an exit there are several and the same goes for hotels. Choices!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, markhollin said:

The new permit issued yesterday has some slight modifications on numbers:  550 residential units (instead of 500 listed previously); a total of 825,000 sq. ft. of office/retail (instead of 780,000 sq. ft. listed previously), plus 50 hotel rooms. 

More behind Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21144669/neuhoff-site-update-continues

Go big or go home.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...