NEUHOFF PLANT DEVELOPMENT, 14 stories, 6-7 stories, 650,000 sq. ft. office, 175,000 sq. ft. retail, 550 apts, 50 hotel rooms, 2,000 car internal garage, $500+ million

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

A new rendering of the office tower at the Neuhoff Plant site shows it at 15 stories and 200' tall.  Info with a new permit shows that it will cover 312,000 sq. ft., with 8,000 sq. ft. of ground level retail. It's official address will be 1320 Adams St.  S9 is the architect; Kimley Horn is supplying land-planning and civil engineering; and JE Dunn will be the contractor. 

Originally, the older renderings showed the structure spanning over Adams St., but that is no longer the case. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/details-outlined-for-mixed-use-tower-at-neuhoff-site/article_597f4bda-ddd6-11eb-b1a5-a73f0af1046b.html

Neuhoff Plant, July 5, 2021, render.png

That sucks we are losing the structure over Adams. Does this also mean we are losing the structure across Adams (images below) as well? That would be a pretty drastic cut in the office square footage for the site.

On 5/18/2021 at 2:56 PM, markhollin said:

Nuehoff, May 18, 2021, render 1.png

Nuehoff, May 18, 2021, render 2.png

• Like 4

8 hours ago, tokiorose said:

I say it still goes over. Looks like there is room for it. And the rendering is just for this building. Once the other one is built I say they put the topper on.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking too.  It'd be odd to include a 'bridge to nowhere' in the rendering, but it looks like it's all set up to include the bridge in the future once there is something across the street to actually connect it to.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

That sucks we are losing the structure over Adams. Does this also mean we are losing the structure across Adams (images below) as well? That would be a pretty drastic cut in the office square footage for the site.

The structure across Adams is “Block 3,” which has permits currently in process. I imagine those will be issued soon, and we’ll get the full picture. 

• Like 3

On 7/11/2021 at 8:07 AM, smeagolsfree said:

Taking a closer look at this image, you will notice the elevator shaft goes above the top floors of the structure meaning there should be additional floors added for the two office floors that will go across Adams IMO.

The NBJ article says this is Phase I, so I expect the second 15 story on the west side to be included in Phase II. Just speculation and tea leaf reading on my part.

Neuhoff Plant, July 5, 2021, render.png

I'm gonna have to disagree. In the early renders the fourth box is what goes across the street. The elevator shaft, mechanical screen has always carried above the roof (typical). Unless we are anticipating getting an additional floor on this building (are we??)

3 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I'm gonna have to disagree. In the early renders the fourth box is what goes across the street. The elevator shaft, mechanical screen has always carried above the roof (typical). Unless we are anticipating getting an additional floor on this building (are we??)

It's tough to tell because of perspective of the rendering (especially without knowing how far the elevator shaft is setback from the near edge of the building), but that elevator shaft structure looks about 2 to 4 times taller than it would need to be if they were not planning on a skybridge or another floor or two connecting this building to the building across the street. 

On the other hand, the way that the exposed concrete column of this "elevator shaft" is intentionally left visible on the first and second stories of the glass part of the structure as well, it's entirely possible that the oversized nature of this concrete column is just an industrial design element that will likely get shrunk during value engineering anyway.

The good news is, one of y'all is right and I can't wait to find out who!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, markhollin said:

(interesting that they went to full height immediately)

I was surprised by the immediate height leaving the meetup the other day. The fact that it is a "low" tonnage tower crane probably indicates why though. I do not believe this weight capacity crane is known to jump like others.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...