Nashville Warehouse Co. (formerly Outpost Nashville), 10 stories & other structures, 275 apts, 200,000 sq. ft. office space, $176 million

markhollin

• 4 weeks later...

Notice the water tower is to be moved close to the rr tracks. That seems like a lot of apartments for that corner. I assume this has not been reviewed by Metro Planning. I'd hope they require street improvements, such as dedicated turn lanes on Chestnut. Those tracks are  a potential hazard.  Wouldn't a crossing gate be recommended?

- The live music venue will be outdoors, and the stage will be beneath the relocated Greer Stadium Guitar Scoreboard along the CSX railroad tracks on the SW side of the 5.2 acre site. It appears that the staging will be made out of cargo containers. 

Awesome usage.  Very appropriate and creative.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Do metro codes require a pool to be secured with a fence and gates to prevent accidental drownings? (To keep out wandering toddlers, etc.-drunks, perhaps)

I can't speak to Metro codes but I can say that building management companies would require pool access to be restricted for many reasons (damage to property by nonresidents, making residents pay for pool maintenance related to unauthorized activities such as glass on the pool deck, keeping pets out of the pool area, monitoring any minors around the pool, making sure residents have priority seating versus guests, etc.).  So, yes, there would be a fence between the pool area and other features.  Pool access would be limited to residents and their guests somehow.

For example, if glass is broken on the pool deck, the pool must be cleaned of any possible glass fragments, a process that costs money and requires the pool to be shut down for a day.  The responsible residents may be charged for the cleaning bill.  If non-residents are allowed access to the pool, the apartment complex must eat the bill for their mistakes, unless they are a guest of a resident.  Then that resident is held responsible.

Edited by Mr_Bond
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but I don't think this design has gone through the value engineering wringer yet.

That's why I said I'm sure these details will get sorted out. I'm guessing it's just a general layout plan. They should line that whole pool area with cabanas. I'd consider living there!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

I can't speak to Metro codes but I can say that building management companies would require pool access to be restricted for many reasons (damage to property by nonresidents, making residents pay for pool maintenance related to unauthorized activities such as glass on the pool deck, keeping pets out of the pool area, monitoring any minors around the pool, making sure residents have priority seating versus guests, etc.).  So, yes, there would be a fence between the pool area and other features.  Pool access would be limited to residents and their guests somehow.

For example, if glass is broken on the pool deck, the pool must be cleaned of any possible glass fragments, a process that costs money and requires the pool to be shut down for a day.  The responsible residents may be charged for the cleaning bill.  If non-residents are allowed access to the pool, the apartment complex must eat the bill for their mistakes, unless they are a guest of a resident.  Then that resident is held responsible.

This is correct i believe. Furthermore, insurance companies will most likely require a fence for the building to be insured. When I was living up on Rolling Mill Hill if glass got broken around the pool, the pool had to be completely drained to ensure proper cleaning and removing all remnants of glass.