Haven at The Gulch, 11 stories, 299 apts, $100 million

markhollin

On 3/10/2022 at 3:36 AM, markhollin said:

Not *quite* as fugly at night.

Looking SW from Division Street Connector where it crosses over Vine St:

Haven, March 8, 2022, 1.jpeg

I think this photo actually looks pretty cool.  Maybe one day, when this starts to fills up with residents..........along with the Albion next door, there will actually be some people walking and biking on the multi use paths in these photos.    

On 3/4/2022 at 3:04 PM, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

Yes, of course--they need housing just like everyone else. But the developers and architecture team can create a building that looks and is, nicer, aesthetically, for them, IF that is the case. ;)

But it's my understanding that this is primarily market rate apartments/condos? The building is super aesthetically unpleasing, in my opinion. 

Highly unlikely, yet I wish their leasing rate would be proportionate to the appeal of the building.  Perhaps that might motivate them to make some changes.

• Like 1

To salvage anything about this building's aesthetics, I really think that it would take some significant creativity. Maybe commission a muralist with some serious $$$ and just cover up every side's uninspired pastels with some vibrant street art. At the very least, it would distract from how flat the building is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, natethegreat said:

Hate to say it but that glass portion doesn’t look too bad…

Agreed.  Too bad it's only 6% of the structure.  The line I'd add to their brochure is..."We offer breathtaking views of downtown.  And, because you live in Haven, those view never include us!"

Edited by nashville born
  • Like 1